Storyist Forums

Novel template in Times New Roman 12 pt.

Steve

[Posted for Marguerite - Steve]

Attached is the Novel template in Times New Roman 12 that I promised in a previous post to make available. To use it, download it and move it into the Library/Application Support/Storyist/Templates folder in your home folder. Next time you start Storyist, it will be there.

If you want to do this yourself, just click on a paragraph and choose "Edit current style" from the Format/Style menu.

Cheers,

Marguerite

Novel_Times.story

I'd like to thank Marguerite for her Novel_Times template. (Thank you Marguerite.) I prefer the Times New Roman font as well. On a display it's easier on the eyes. And there is no real reason, in the 21st Century, to insist that a manuscript look like it had been typed on a typewriter.

I might also mention that, as a base, you used an old template that suggests you have your manuscript "set on a 12-point Courier font." (I might, but I'm not sure that was a deliberate joke. Funny though.)

But I do have a question. I noticed that, unlike all other templates, you've defaulted to "Hide Section Titles" in your template. Why? Have you found a reason not to show Section titles during the development process?

I'd like to thank Marguerite for her Novel_Times template. (Thank you Marguerite.) I prefer the Times New Roman font as well. On a display it's easier on the eyes. And there is no real reason, in the 21st Century, to insist that a manuscript look like it had been typed on a typewriter.

I might also mention that, as a base, you used an old template that suggests you have your manuscript "set on a 12-point Courier font." (I might, but I'm not sure that was a deliberate joke. Funny though.)

But I do have a question. I noticed that, unlike all other templates, you've defaulted to "Hide Section Titles" in your template. Why? Have you found a reason not to show Section titles during the development process?

Ah, it's always something! Thanks, Thoth, for picking up my inconsistencies, which were not part of some grand plan but merely the result of being in a rush. Here is an updated template that shows section titles (and formats them, too, in Times) and includes minor adjustments to Steve's text.

Cheers,

Marguerite

Archived