Storyist Forums

Storyist Forgets Open Files

Talban

Okay, this isn't anything major, but it's been bugging me for a couple of years now. If you're working on a file on your mac and then quit Storyist and then reopen Storyist, the file is right there were you left it. If, however, you close Storyist and then work on that same file on an iPad or other computer, when you come back to your primary machine and open Storyist, no document. It doesn't automatically open and it isn't in the "Open Recent" list. You have to go to "Open" and navigate to it to open it.

Again, this isn't earth shaking but it's damned annoying. There is no reason Storyist for Mac shouldn't be able to reopen the file you were working on just because it was edited elsewhere. All of Apple's iWork apps (Pages, Numbers, & Keynote) work this way, Storyist should too.

Hi Talban,

If you close a project in Storyist for Mac, and then edit in in Storyist for Mac, it should still be closed when you relaunch Storyist for Mac. The project should be in the File > Open Recent menu.

Try this:

1. Create a new project from the Novel template.
  2. Save it in your iCloud Drive/ Storyist folder.
  3. Close the project in Storyist for Mac.
  4. Quit the app.
  5. Open the project in Storyist for iOS.
  6. Make some changes in Storyist for iOS and wait for them to sync.
  7. Open Storyist for Mac.

The project should still be closed (like it was after step 3), but should be listed in your File > Open Recent menu.

If this is not what you're seeing, let me know what version of Storyist and OS X you're running, and the steps you're using to cause the problem to appear.

-Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I realize that I''m just too used to not closing a file I'm working on. With a novel, you can imagine I leave those documents open a long time. If you close the document before quitting, then it will show up in the Recent Docs pull down, if you leave it open, then edit elsewhere, the system loses track of it. I'd rather have whatever I'm working on pop right up, but apparently when you edit remotely it kills that. But that's not your fault, that's the way the system works.

Thanks for your comment, though. I literally would never have thought of closing the doc ahead of time. OSX has me trained.

Archived