Storyist Forums

1. Yes, the click-lag is often more than 20 seconds. I have a 400 page memoir manuscript. (New MacBook, current OS X and lots of memory, no graphics in the file). The auto-save is essential, but can we set it to every ten minutes or so perhaps?

2. I can no longer edit>insert>page number. It is grayed out on repeated attempts.

3. When I attempt to create a chapter in project view sidebar, it replaces the highlighted chapter, but the manual states that new chapters are inserted AFTER the highlighted position.

While I'm at it, is there a way to create auto chapter-numbers so that all the chapter numbers update each time we add or delete or re-arrange chapters?

Thanks everyone.

Hi Mark,

1. Yes, the click-lag is often more than 20 seconds. I have a 400 page memoir manuscript. (New MacBook, current OS X and lots of memory, no graphics in the file). The auto-save is essential, but can we set it to every ten minutes or so perhaps?

Twenty seconds would be extreme for an autosave on a relatively modern Mac. Could you send the details of your configuration to support@storyist.com? It would be helpful to know the exact version numbers of the OS and Storyist, and the model number of your Mac. Also, could you let me know how large (in bytes) your project is?

2. I can no longer edit>insert>page number. It is grayed out on repeated attempts.

Hmmm. I'm unable to reproduce this. Are you sure the cursor is in the header or footer? The header/footer guides should be visible. See the screenshot below.

InsertPageNumber.png

3. When I attempt to create a chapter in project view sidebar, it replaces the highlighted chapter, but the manual states that new chapters are inserted AFTER the highlighted position.

What style is applied to the newly inserted chapter title? The style should have a heading level of 1. You can check by placing the cursor in the chapter title and selecting Format > Style > Edit Current Style.

If the style is not what you expect, you can edit the outline template, (which determines which styles are applied to the template text when you insert a new chapter or section) and describe the structure of your outline elements.

OutlineTemplate.png

While I'm at it, is there a way to create auto chapter-numbers so that all the chapter numbers update each time we add or delete or re-arrange chapters?

Autonumbering of chapters is not currently supported. It's an open feature request thought, and I'll add your +1.

-Steve

Archived