Storyist Forums

Storyist crashes every time I click on goals

Iudex_Fundyr

I have a consistant crash that occurs literally (actual literally, not Internet literally) everytime I click on the show goals button. The program will instantly close to a crash report. I've tried reinstalling, and it made no difference.

The only mild success I've had was to create a new file and copy my work over. This solved the crash initially, but at some point in copying over and recreating my sections the problem reoccured.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. I'm using the Nanowrimo demo version, by the way, but plan on purchasing after November.

Hi Iudex_Fundyr,

Thank you for the email.

For those following along, this appears to be an issue with 10.13.1 related to the system locale (in this case, Japan) and the value of the 24-Hour Time checkbox (in this case, unchecked). In certain circumstances, the OS generates an incorrectly-formatted time string, which was causing Storyist to crash.

I've posted a beta (3.5.2b2) that works around the bug and ensures that a properly formatted string is saved with the file. If you're running across this bug and want to try the beta, please send an email to the support address.

-Steve

Archived