Storyist Forums

Shortcut to the end of the current document

Is there a way to scroll to the bottom of the current document on iPad, via a keyboard or onscreen shortcut?

I know this featrue is available on the Mac version (I believe it's Function + cursor down), but I cound't find anything similar on the iOS version.

Speaking of which, the Mac shortcut is great, but when used by accident, there's no easy way to go back to where you were before (or is there)?

Speaking of which, the Mac shortcut is great, but when used by accident, there's no easy way to go back to where you were before (or is there)?

Answer: click the back (left-pointing) arrow in the blue status bar. If it takes you to one stop before, click the forward (right-pointing) arrow. That should get you where you want to go.

On the iPad, I don't know of a keyboard shortcut, but you can tap the three lines at top left, then the circled i next to the name of your manuscript. That gives you access to the entire structure of the MS, and you can scroll down and tap wherever you want to end up.

Best, Marguerite

Marguerite! Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction. 

I can't seem to find the actual arrow, but I found the menu item under View - Go Back (and Go Forward respectively) and their respective shortcuts on the Mac Version. Perhaps I've disabled the toolbar necessary to show the icon. I'll keep hunting though.

As for the iPad Version: I'm mostly using an external Mac keyboard with it, and I found out that holding the CMD key down, Storyist shows a list of shortcuts for the current view. A full list of iOS shortcuts can be found here (thanks, Steve!): http://storyist.com/ios/docs/#keyboard-shortcuts

To answer my own question: CMD + down arrow places the cursor at the end of the current document.

Archived