Storyist Forums

It makes an another ‘#’ scene title, as add a scene by ‘command+enter’.

Laker

Hi Laker,

I'm not sure if I understand the question. When you add a section to a novel, you should see a blank line followed by the section separator character (#"). Is that not what you're seeing?

Try this:

1. Create a new project from the Novel template an open the file titled "My Manuscript."
  2. Select the last section (the one titled "Getting More Information") and type the Command+Enter shortcut to add a new section.
  3. Notice that the manuscript now contains a blank line (the section body) following by the section separator.

Kindly let me know what you see when you do this.

-Steve

Hi Steve,

I tried that by the steps, by created 2 projects from Novel and Screenplay templates, and get the results:

1. A blank line following a "#", but no "#" on the side bar. (Novel project)

2. A blank line following a "#", and one "#" on the side bar. (Screenplay project. This is my question.)

Plz check out the attachments.

Regards.

屏幕快照 2018-10-18 21.26.31.png

屏幕快照 2018-10-18 21.25.37.png

On 10/17/2018 at 3:16 AM, Steve said:

Hi Laker,

I'm not sure if I understand the question. When you add a section to a novel, you should see a blank line followed by the section separator character (#"). Is that not what you're seeing?

Try this:

1. Create a new project from the Novel template an open the file titled "My Manuscript."
  2. Select the last section (the one titled "Getting More Information") and type the Command+Enter shortcut to add a new section.
  3. Notice that the manuscript now contains a blank line (the section body) following by the section separator.

Kindly let me know what you see when you do this.

-Steve

Did I make it clear?

So the issue is that when you add a scene in the Screenplay template under Mojave, you get both a new scene and a scene called #?

What happens if you click on the # in the manuscript? Does it have the Section Separator style applied? Does the blank line have the Section Separator style, or is it Scene Heading (Section Text in the Novel template)? If you change the blank line to Scene Heading/Section Text and the # to Section Separator, does that fix things?

Best, Marguerite

So the issue is that when you add a scene in the Screenplay template under Mojave, you get both a new scene and a scene called #? —— Yes.

If I click on the # in the manuscript, It has the Section Separator style applied. The blank line is Scene Heading (Section Text in the Novel template). 

If I change the blank line to Scene Heading/Section Text and the # to Section Separator, it does that fix things.

Best, Laker

Archived