Storyist Forums

Lost changes, can’t restore prior version

pmackim

Been making edits on a storyist project I’ve been working on for a long time. Was editing on iPhone, left app (went to home screen, thought sync was confirmed). When I went back to the file all the changes were gone, reverted to an earlier version. I tried to restore a prior version from icloud but the version history page hangs on checking and comes up with no prior versions. Opened file on iPad and saw a prior version but it would not restore. Now it, too, shows no prior versions. Very frustrating! Lost over two hours of copy-edits 

Update: was finally able to restore, but it was still the version without all my changes. Also it shows no update versions since May? I have been editing this thing almost every day. Not sure if the connection to iCloud dropped somehow or what to do about it. In any case my edits seem to be irrevocably gone. Please advise on how to prevent this in future or if there is any way to recover the more recent versions