Storyist Forums

Rock The Vote 2008.

Steve E

No, but we can register at the polls. At least, that's what they keep telling me. I tried to get Alex to take us down to the wherever you go to register last week, but he said there was no point. I'm wary. If I can't vote tomorrow, I'm going to be very, very upset.

- Calli

No, but we can register at the polls. At least, that's what they keep telling me. I tried to get Alex to take us down to the wherever you go to register last week, but he said there was no point. I'm wary. If I can't vote tomorrow, I'm going to be very, very upset.

- Calli

I've never heard of anyone registering on the day of the election but I'm not from the 'Shire. Of course, I have heard; "Democrats vote on Wednesday" and "If it rains we'll reschedule the election" and "A Nigerian prince will buy your vote for a million dollars, but first forward a thousand dollars for shipping and handling". You get the idea.

Good luck at the polls everyone,

-Thoth.

OK, did my part! Only 11 more hours till the polls close in California, right? But when do they close in Hawaii?

The tension is killing me! :)

M

HUGE lines this morning! Biggest turnout I have ever seen!

Oh, and the polls close in Hawaii at 11pm ET, just like in California. In New York it's 9pm ET and in New Hampshire it's 8pm ET. For more info click here.

Thoughtfully,

-Thoth.

:) Alex and I voted this morning! Huge turnout, but the lines were fast. <3

Most people at my polling place were in and out in well under a minute...except for the lady directly in front of me who somehow managed to take nearly 10 minutes. Apparently she was praying over her choice. You'd think she could have done that while waiting on line or while at home. But far be it from me to criticize other people's religious practices. At least she didn't sacrifice a goat in there like last election (only kidding. Lord, pray stay thy mighty hand. Do not strike me down with your righteous blueberry overmuffins.).

Post-voting silliness.

At least I had a place to sit.

-Thoth.

BTW: M, how was the turnout in sunny California? And Steve, did you drag yourself out of your sick bed, and away from programming my bookmarks, to vote? How was the turnout? (You know, you can take a laptop with you to continue working while on line. Just a thought. <_< )

BTW: M, how was the turnout in sunny California?

I would not know, living as I do in William Penn's "battleground" Commonwealth. When I went at 10, there was a short line for my blue precinct and no line for the red precinct that forms part of the same ward. But almost half of my precinct had already turned out (I was no. 316 or thereabouts).

The lady in front of me had three kids in tow (they cancel school around here and use the buildings as polling places). I heard her telling them that if anyone under 18 touched the machines, they would receive an electric shock.... Way to encourage future electoral participation!

I had brought a biography of Tamerlane, just in case, but by the time I filled out a deposit slip I was already at the front of the line. I hear lines were really long in Philly, though, even before the polls opened at 7.

Tamerlane--now there was a guy who knew how to chuck overmuffins, and not just blueberry ones. No two-year election campaigns on his watch! :)

Oh, I can't wait till this is over!

Congrats, Calli. I wish our little neck of the woods had as much sense as the 'Shire.

Best,

M

I would not know, living as I do in William Penn's "battleground" Commonwealth.

Right, Pennsylvania. Sorry. I was befogged by electoral euphoria. The California weather question was actually (meant to be) aimed at Steve. Oops.

The lady in front of me had three kids in tow...

My condolences.

I heard that in Manhattan there was a record number of machine failures so they handed out (much preferred) paper ballots. Unfortunately there is no one authorized to count them. So I guess some Manhattan districts will be reporting late.

I had brought a biography of Tamerlane, just in case, but by the time I filled out a deposit slip I was already at the front of the line. I hear lines were really long in Philly, though, even before the polls opened at 7.

Tamerlane--now there was a guy who knew how to chuck overmuffins, and not just blueberry ones. No two-year election campaigns on his watch! :)

It's never to late to brush up on your Mongol conquerors. (Well, Uzbek, arguably.) Especially for a fledgling EAO.

Oh, I can't wait till this is over!

Soon, my dear. Soon.

Stay sane,

-Thoth.

At this time CNN calls the electoral votes at 102 for Obama and 34 for McCain. Both far from the 270 electoral votes needed to call the election won. Strangely enough, they both have roughly 50% of the popular votes cast (a little over 9 million each). I don't care what the talking heads say; this is far from over.

I wonder how things are going in Isaac's Colorado?

Staring at the news until my eyes bleed.

-Thoth.

Final tally for those not yet exhausted on politics:

Obama: 349 Electoral Votes; 62,983,132 Actual Votes (52%)

McCain: 163 Electoral Votes; 55,786,766 Actual Votes (46%)

Now comes the hard part: What to do about Wall Street, Iraq, Evil Alien Overlords....?

-Thoth.

Final tally for those not yet exhausted on politics:

Obama: 349 Electoral Votes; 62,983,132 Actual Votes (52%)

McCain: 163 Electoral Votes; 55,786,766 Actual Votes (46%)

Now comes the hard part: What to do about Wall Street, Iraq, Evil Alien Overlords....?

-Thoth.

Bring in Tamerlane? :)

No, who said that?! Back, Evil Alien Overlady, back! Just step away from the overmuffins, ma'am, and no one will get hurt.

I'm with Calli on this one, like you couldn't guess. USA, USA! <_>

M

I'm with Calli on this one, like you couldn't guess. USA, USA! :)

Hmmm. Interesting that we haven't heard from Isaac or Steve on this thread.

Perhaps they're off to Washington to apply for cushy government jobs with the new administration. (Undersecretary of Overmuffins? Director of Writing Software?)

Ah, the audacity of hope.

-Thoth.

Hmmm. Interesting that we haven't heard from Isaac or Steve on this thread.

Perhaps they're off to Washington to apply for cushy government jobs with the new administration. (Undersecretary of Overmuffins? Director of Writing Software?)

Ah, the audacity of hope.

-Thoth.

Well, Isaac was peddling used overmuffins, of which it will take, methinks, a vast quantity to cover the Wall Street bailout.... Maybe he's too busy to keep up with the forums. :)

Steve, now, not sure what his excuse is (other than that suspicious flu he came down with). Perhaps, being a plotter, he's creating government policy for the new administration?

Chapter 1: Iraq

Chapter 2: National Debt (Reduction of)

Chapter 3: Health Care

Chapter 4: Tax Structure (Wealth, Redistribution of)

Section A: Joe the Plumber (Raise)

Section B: Everyone else under $250,000 (Lower)

Chapter 5: It's the Economy, Stupid!

and the like. <_>

Gasp! They couldn't have decided it was a Mac, not the Mac, who was running with Sarah P. and have cast a ballot for Apple, could they? ;)

But probably Steve is lying low and trying to avoid political discussions in the forums. I guess we can't blame him for that. He wants to sell Storyist in red states, too.

Best,

M

Well, Isaac was peddling used overmuffins, of which it will take, methinks, a vast quantity to cover the Wall Street bailout.... Maybe he's too busy to keep up with the forums. :)

<_<

Steve, now, not sure what his excuse is (other than that suspicious flu he came down with). Perhaps, being a plotter, he's creating government policy for the new administration?

Chapter 1: Iraq

Chapter 2: National Debt (Reduction of)

Chapter 3: Health Care

Chapter 4: Tax Structure (Wealth, Redistribution of)

Section A: Joe the Plumber (Raise)

Section B: Everyone else under $250,000 (Lower)

Chapter 5: It's the Economy, Stupid!

and the like. ;)

Looks like a Best Seller. :D

Gasp! They couldn't have decided it was a Mac, not the Mac, who was running with Sarah P. and have cast a ballot for Apple, could they? :o

Not a chance. Steve and Isaac are smart folk.

But probably Steve is lying low and trying to avoid political discussions in the forums. I guess we can't blame him for that. He wants to sell Storyist in red states, too.

There you go.

Do you think it's time to tie a knot in this thread or should we leave it open, just in case?

-Thoth.

Do you think it's time to tie a knot in this thread or should we leave it open, just in case?

-Thoth.

Uh, is this where we pretend we were just, uh, trading ideas for ... oh, yes, our latest novel projects?! We're, like, keeping up with the news. That's the ticket. <_>

I mentioned Tamerlane at least twice, right? He himself is not in the novel, but I'm milking his biography for every detail of daily life I can. So this is definitely writing-related. Yes, sure.

See, you knew we could rationalize our way out of this! :)

M

Archived