Storyist Forums

Longer Year

Steve E

Does 2008 seem like it's never going to end? There is a reason.

According to the Time Service Department of the U.S. Naval Observatory in Washington, DC, a leap second will be added on December 31, 2008, making the year one second longer.

So set your watches, Storyists. You don't want to miss those deadlines.

-Thoth.

**>chuckles

An extra leap second?! Wow! I feel the creative juices flowing already! I could write, like, a whole additional word! :(

Now this forum is quoting fine. There must be gremlins in the feature requests section. (You think we overloaded it with too many posts? :P)

You can tell I'm writing again, because my procrastination quotient has gone way up today. :)

Happy longest year since 1992 to all,

M

If the guys with the atomic clock can't get it right, what hope do I have of ever finding a watch that gets me places on time?

Hope? None. "Hope" was the catch phrase from the Clinton Administration. With Obama the catch phrase is "Change". So change your watch, change the time, change your underwear. (I can't believe I'm actually older than the President. What have I done with my life?)

Anyway, maybe one of those watches with a built-in teleporter will help.

-Thoth.

An extra leap second?! Wow! I feel the creative juices flowing already! I could write, like, a whole additional word! :(

It should be a short word. I'm planning to use my extra second for several carriage returns.

Now this forum is quoting fine. There must be gremlins in the feature requests section. (You think we overloaded it with too many posts? :P)

Oh no! But at least they're not the dreaded Blue Button gremlins.

You can tell I'm writing again, because my procrastination quotient has gone way up today. :)

Happy longest year since 1992 to all,

M

Writing or not, M, it is always a pleasure.

Happy Holidogs Everyone.

-Thoth.

Archived