Storyist Forums

Film Script : scene numbering

eripoll

Hello Erwan,

The subject had come up before. It is certainly something required for a finished screenplay but generally not required for a submission. "Generally" — that's the problem. If even one person reviewing your submission requires it then it's a necessary option. And, of course, it has to be automated. You don't want to be sitting there re-typing all those little scene numbers any more than you'd expect to re-type all those page numbers every time you made a modification.

In any event, I expect it's on Steve's list for screenplay support. (Steve?)

-Thoth.

Scene numbering is definitely on the list. At least in the U.S., scenes are typically not numbered until the script goes into production and then there are some customs for numbering revisions (A/B scenes). I'd like to understand the requirements in France a little better.

• 4 weeks later...
Scene numbering is definitely on the list. At least in the U.S., scenes are typically not numbered until the script goes into production and then there are some customs for numbering revisions (A/B scenes). I'd like to understand the requirements in France a little better.

Scene numbering IS required in France — readers are lost without, alas…

Archived