Storyist Forums

My role in a play

btjeppesen

So, I posted this elsewhere briefly and it was recommended I post more about it here. I recently auditioned for a collection of played at UC Riverside called Playworks. I was then contacted by the program coordinator who said I had been accepted and would hear separately from my director regarding the specifics. He contacted me, sent me the play and my role, and we had a read-through yesterday. I've had mini rehearsals between and one other character, my daughter. On Friday, I will begin rehearsals with the entire cast.

My role... Wait for it... Daddy Crab! Yay! I'll be up there in my cute, little crab outfit, and my mommy and daddy can sit in the audience and boast how much cuter I am than all the other little college students. :lol:

In all honesty, I think it will be fun, but I laughed my rear off when I first saw that I would be a big, bad, scuttling fiddler crab with one large claw and one small claw. Never had I guessed that I would have challenged a bully crab, yelling, "This is my home turf!"

Now, if I could just figure out the best way to be a crab. How do crabs talk? If anyway has heard a crab speak before and can describe it to me, I'd be very greatful.

Lastlly, I just breaded and cooked up thresher shark with a side of broccoli. Somehow, that seemed connected to my crabbiness.

My role... Wait for it... Daddy Crab! Yay! I'll be up there in my cute, little crab outfit, and my mommy and daddy can sit in the audience and boast how much cuter I am than all the other little college students. :lol:

What every parent lives for. You are indeed blessed.

Now, if I could just figure out the best way to be a crab. How do crabs talk? If anyway has heard a crab speak before and can describe it to me, I'd be very greatful.

As always there is help online.

Keep us posted.

-Thoth.

My role... Wait for it... Daddy Crab! Yay! I'll be up there in my cute, little crab outfit, and my mommy and daddy can sit in the audience and boast how much cuter I am than all the other little college students. :)

In all honesty, I think it will be fun, but I laughed my rear off when I first saw that I would be a big, bad, scuttling fiddler crab with one large claw and one small claw. Never had I guessed that I would have challenged a bully crab, yelling, "This is my home turf!"

Aw, it warms the cockles of a parent's heart. :)

And the dialogue—so rich, so profound. Today the territorial fiddler crab, tomorrow Will Shakespeare.

On how crabs talk, I have two words for you: SpongeBob Squarepants. :lol:

Do let us know how it goes. We'll be the maniacs clapping and tossing flowers from the second balcony.

Merde,

Marguerite

And the dialogue—so rich, so profound. Today the territorial fiddler crab, tomorrow Will Shakespeare.

And then The Vagina Monologues!

On how crabs talk, I have two words for you: SpongeBob Squarepants. :lol:

Good choice! I would go with Eugene H. Krabs, owner of The Krusty Krab, the most popular restaurant in Bikini Bottom. (SpongeBob works there as a fry cook.)

If all else fails go with a generic pirate*. Everybody loves generic pirates, says I.

Arr.

-Thoth.

*Think Wallace Beery as Long John Silver in the 1934 film version of Treasure Island.

Archived