Storyist Forums

Of muffins and overwords

codemer

I had that word in a sixth grade spelling bee. I won because of it. It's ironic that it came up here. Thanks.

You're welcome. Sadly, they don't make 12-year-old boys like they used to.

As for lairs, I've never been a volcano man myself. I'm more of a water man. That's why my lair is being built under the ocean. I won't tell you which ocean, since that's the whole point of having a lair. It's almost done though. When it is, I will own all of you. Mwahahaha.

Shades of Thunderball!

Two days ago I saw an elementary school girl wearing a Girl Genius t-shirt that read: FOOLS! I WILL KILL YOU ALL. ASK ME HOW. They don't make 12-year-old girls like they used to, either. (Clearly a very permissive school.)

-Thoth.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my brain exploded because of that.... and I definitely remember Big Bird having a different voice back when I watched sesame street......

It's definitely time for a dose of LOLCats.... www.icanhascheezburger.com

Thoth: I really hope she wasn't wearing that shirt TO school.. that might get kind awkward. lol!

And speaking of lairs... where might you prefer for a lair Thoth?

You're welcome. Sadly, they don't make 12-year-old boys like they used to.

Shades of Thunderball!

Two days ago I saw an elementary school girl wearing a Girl Genius t-shirt that read: FOOLS! I WILL KILL YOU ALL. ASK ME HOW. They don't make 12-year-old girls like they used to, either. (Clearly a very permissive school.)

-Thoth.

Wow! I laughed uncontrollably when I read this. Call me a 12-year-old girl, but I think I want a shirt like that for when I take over the world. That is awesome.

Thoth: the great reference was to the hick dictionary.... your new word however deserves major kudos, but I am suddenly overwhelmed with the irresistible urge to say.....

SUPERCALAFRAGILISTICEXPEALADOCIOUS!

As to lairs... I prefer the back of wardrobes, as they tend to lead to unseen worlds... though in a pinch under the bed or desk will do, or even a good closet.

Great word. Great lair choices. A cabin near Big Bear would be nice too. Big Bear is a manmade lake near me in So Cal. The area is very refreshing after living in the city for so long. It's weird. When you breath there, you can actually taste air instead of gasoline.

:)

It's definitely time for a dose of LOLCats.... www.icanhascheezburger.com

Tigers! Perrrfect.

Thoth: I really hope she wasn't wearing that shirt TO school.. that might get kind awkward. lol!

It was about 3:30pm and she was wearing a book bag, so I'm thinking yes.

And speaking of lairs... where might you prefer for a lair Thoth?

As much as I've enjoyed extra-dimensional lairs (Narnia, etc) I tend to prefer the classics: the hollowed-out volcano, of course. It provides both a build-in skylight and a ready self-destruct feature. (Don't get me started on the "Why even have a self-destruct button?" debate. I'm sure Brian feels the same way about sharks vs piranha.)

-Thoth.

As much as I've enjoyed extra-dimensional lairs (Narnia, etc) I tend to prefer the classics: the hollowed-out volcano, of course. It provides both a build-in skylight and a ready self-destruct feature. (Don't get me started on the "Why even have a self-destruct button?" debate. I'm sure Brian feels the same way about sharks vs piranha.)

-Thoth.

I'm with you there, Thoth. I think self-destruct buttons are completely necessary. You don't want someone else to use your lair against you, so you reserve its destruction as a just-in-case scenario. What you don't do is stick you self-destruct button in direct line of fire through the hanger, as is the case in Star Wars Episode 1. The kid never turns the ship, which means the core is in direct line of fire with the hanger. Who thinks up these designs?

Hollowed out volcanoes are useful, but you do have to watch out for those Verne-ians who might wander in at awkward moments or those time traveling beings with large teeth and grudges....

I also recommend NOT making your self-destruct buttons big, shiny, and red, as those types of buttons seem to compel people to push them. Much better to have an obscure little black button.

I also recommend NOT making your self-destruct buttons big, shiny, and red, as those types of buttons seem to compel people to push them. Much better to have an obscure little black button.

Oh yes. And that James Bond guy! He heads right for the button. (BT is right about this general design flaw. It must be a conspiracy among architects. Heads will roll!) And it's best not to label them either. But then there's the problem of curious henchmen. Don't get me wrong. A good henchperson is worth his-or-her weight in weapons-grade plutonium. But they are notoriously dumb. I mean really freaking stupid. Someone should set up a college-level course in henching.

Yours in world conquest.

-Thoth.

The game is a silly game. The game is a fun game. The game is a small game. This is the game. Do you know the rules yet? Can you play?

No, no, no. You broke the rules. I give up.

Isaac: Have you ever heard of the old word game The Minister's Cat?

Nope. I like the Duke's cat. :)

Web 2.0? What's that??? Never heard of it. :)

That's my point!

IF

It depends on the version we're playing.. Are we playing the one where everyone must do each letter or the version where the next person must do the next letter?

If the latter, I will indeed go with Bulimic. =D

Isaac: I give up! Tell me! I so thought I'd got it!

"Silly" is two syllables. That game gets hard fast. How expressive can you be with only one syllable words? Well, if you go making up your own new words, you can be quite expressive.

IF

Diabetic was nice, but diabolical is much more Thoth-like.. nice edit there....

The Minister's cat is an egotistical cat.

Okay lets try this again.

The game is a nice game. The game is a fun game. The game is a small game. This is the game. Do you know the rules yet? Can you play?

and since Nice originally meant Silly way back when I think I should get extra points!

Diabetic was nice, but diabolical is much more Thoth-like.. nice edit there....

Thank you.

The Minister's cat is an egotistical cat.

The Minister's cat is a ferocious cat. (I thought of something naughtier but decided against it.)

Okay lets try this again.

The game is a nice game. The game is a fun game. The game is a small game. This is the game. Do you know the rules yet? Can you play?

Are you turning into Isaac? Has he taken over your brain with his evil brain sucking machine?

and since Nice originally meant Silly way back when I think I should get extra points!

I'll split them with you.

The pressure. The pressure.

-Thoth.

The Minister's cat is a ferocious cat. (I thought of something naughtier but decided against it.)

The Minister's cat is a gelatinous cat.

Are you turning into Isaac? Has he taken over your brain with his evil brain sucking machine?

She's not turning into me. My evil brain sucking machine is only a disguise for my evil reality altering machine. You have already been sucked in.

IF

The Minister's cat is a gelatinous cat.

Funny. But Jules may have gone on vacation already. Do we want to continue this alone, with no representative from the Evil Alien Overladies?

She's not turning into me. My evil brain sucking machine is only a disguise for my evil reality altering machine. You have already been sucked in.

:o

The Minister's cat is a hellish cat

I think this poor Minister got gyped on his cat.... We haven't had a nice adjective yet!

lol Aren't you supposed to continue the game Isaac? Or did I do it wrong again?

Thoth: I suppose you do deserve SOME of those points since you were the one to post the original meaning of nice.

The Minister's cat is a hellish cat

I think this poor Minister got gyped on his cat.... We haven't had a nice adjective yet!

lol Aren't you supposed to continue the game Isaac? Or did I do it wrong again?

Thoth: I suppose you do deserve SOME of those points since you were the one to post the original meaning of nice.

The minister's cat is an illustrious cat. :o

M

Archived