Storyist Forums

Of muffins and overwords

codemer

The Minister's cat is a splendorous, superb, soft, stuffy, slinky, sonorous, squeaky, squirmy, squishy, and superfluous cat!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Minister's cat is a splendorous, superb, soft, stuffy, slinky, sonorous, squeaky, squirmy, squishy, and superfluous cat!

Applause!

The Minister's cat is a tortured, timorous, tail-biting, treacherous, techie cat.

I see Isaac's point about putting this squishy creature out of its misery.

Only 6 letters to go.

-Thoth.

lol perhaps he just needs some therapy... or maybe is just misunderstood.

"Misunderstood" would have been a good adjective for the Minister's Cat. Too bad we missed it.

I added a comment to your profile. No, don't get up. It'll wait for you.

-Thoth.

The Minister's cat is an ugly, unkempt, undulating, umbilical-usurping cat.

The minister's cat is a viable, venerable, valiant, victorious, valuable, vainglorious cat!

You guys have disappointed me. I thought for sure we'd have hit Z by now.... :P

Proud to have had a chance to push the squishy kitty a little further toward its ultimate destination.

If he's misunderstood, is he psychologically distoibed? :unsure:

M

I'm sure Thoth and I might have reached Z by now, but we prefer to have others contribute too. =P

The Minister's Cat is a wet, wild, wily, weird, wacko, wiry, wussy, water-logged, whining, winning, workable, wuvable (lol!), wistful, waif-like, wishful, white, and wordy cat.

If he's misunderstood, is he psychologically distoibed? :unsure:

Thank you Officer Krupke.

The minister's cat is a xenophobic cat.

That's all I got. So in compensation...

The minister's cat is a yabbering, yacking, yapping, yattering, yowling, yawning, yobbish, yodelling cat. And yellow. Yes, he's a yellow cat. (Actually a bit orange but "o" is long gone.)

I shall leave "z" to someone else as part of my penance.

-Thoth.

The Minister's cat is a Zinfindel-drinking Zombie cat! FTW! lol!!!

On a more serious note..... zooming, zoological, and zealous also work.

OH and we totally missed Overmuffin Eating Cat during the Os

lol well one syllable words would be a change from all the ones we've been posting. There's also the changing/adding one letter game.. like bat>bath>bathe>lathe>late etc. etc. ... any other suggestions? I'm a fan of vocabulary building games lol! I've already learned a few new ones... if only I could remember them all! ha!

That's true.. it could have been Overmuffin hurling... though considering it's a cat it might do the other kind of hurling to spite us all for the nasty name calling.

anyone else automatically type muffing instead of muffin because of the "ing" habit or are my fingers just over enthusiastic?

...Anyone else automatically type muffing instead of muffin because of the "ing" habit or are my fingers just over enthusiastic?

I'm usually pretty good with "muffin", rarely "muffing" it. :unsure:

In the letter changing game, what word do you usually start with? And how do you know when it's over?

-Thothing.

You can start with any word (though hippopotomononstrosesquipedalianism is not recommended) and it's over when people stop responding or no one can change the word anymore.

You can start with any word (though hippopotomononstrosesquipedalianism is not recommended) and it's over when people stop responding or no one can change the word anymore.

Are we using our own made up words still?

IF

Well we could do a balderdash/apples-to-apples type game... one person makes up a word and the rest of us put in a definition and the word poster picks a winner who posts the next word. THAT could get amusing.. though it might be too tedious for a forum.

Well we could do a balderdash/apples-to-apples type game... one person makes up a word and the rest of us put in a definition and the word poster picks a winner who posts the next word. THAT could get amusing.. though it might be too tedious for a forum.

I think Isaac was challenging the veracity of your word "hippopotomononstrosesquipedalianism" (meaning love of long words) because you stuck an extra "on" in there (fumble fingers! It's "hippopotomonstrosesquipedalianism" as everyone knows).

Too tedious? There's only one way to find out.

I propose "gindersnatch". Any takers? A word waits to be born.

-Thoth.

I blame google, because I copy pasted that.. I am currently ruminating on the definition of Gindersnatching

Poor google. All those sites are filled with misspellings and misinformation. That's why I like to stick with more authoritative sites like Wordie (heehee).

Glad to see you're putting effort into the definition. "Gindersnatch" has been undefined for a long time.

-Thoth.

Archived