Storyist Forums

Ordering a new iMac

emoKid

:(

I'm ordering a new iMac either tonight (EST) or tomorrow.

I'm hoping to order a 24 inch one, but I'm limited to a low-end one (okay... my parents are ordering one for me).

So I'm trying to convince them to get the 24 inch one, which I've semi-won over my dad, but my mom is hesitant (because even though the 20 inch display isn't as good, we have some decent 19 inch screens lying around, but I'm spoiled and think an awesome 24 inch + awesome 19 inch monitor would be awesome).

I just felt like bragging a little...? My parents are sortof baffled by the prices, but I tell them it's worth it, and then I showed them the software I use that's Mac only (like Storyist, Nisus, Espresso, etc.) and they're like, "o...........k........a.........y........." (that's a long drawn depressed okay).

My mom says as part of the agreement, I have to teach her how to use the mac for web design and a little development (she's thinking about getting a mini).

But yeah...

I've had a lot of sugar tonight and whatnot... Had to taste test some cake I made. It was caramel, chocolate, pecans, more chocolate, and a lot of frosting...

:(

I'm ordering a new iMac either tonight (EST) or tomorrow.

I'm hoping to order a 24 inch one, but I'm limited to a low-end one (okay... my parents are ordering one for me).

So I'm trying to convince them to get the 24 inch one, which I've semi-won over my dad, but my mom is hesitant (because even though the 20 inch display isn't as good, we have some decent 19 inch screens lying around, but I'm spoiled and think an awesome 24 inch + awesome 19 inch monitor would be awesome).

I just felt like bragging a little...? My parents are sortof baffled by the prices, but I tell them it's worth it, and then I showed them the software I use that's Mac only (like Storyist, Nisus, Espresso, etc.) and they're like, "o...........k........a.........y........." (that's a long drawn depressed okay).

My mom says as part of the agreement, I have to teach her how to use the mac for web design and a little development (she's thinking about getting a mini).

But yeah...

I've had a lot of sugar tonight and whatnot... Had to taste test some cake I made. It was caramel, chocolate, pecans, more chocolate, and a lot of frosting...

If you haven't already ordered it, it's always a good idea to swing by mac rumors, as well as find out the last time the product line was refreshed, to decide on whether you want to wait or not on purchasing.

In any case, congratulations on your new computer. May he serve you for the next two years, as well as mine has me for the last two.

I say two years, because that's about the point your RAM and processor become underpowered enough to prevent you from playing certain games.

In any case, congratulations on your new computer. May he serve you for the next two years, as well as mine has me for the last two.

I say two years, because that's about the point your RAM and processor become underpowered enough to prevent you from playing certain games.

I don't play games... (well, computer games).

I'm getting an iMac to have a desktop computer. I like my laptop, but it doesn't really have the screen for some stuff, and hooking up an external display takes up a lot of space (you should see all of the clutter and stuff for when my laptop is acting for a "desktop" at my school.

I've read the report on the iMac, and it seems like the 20" iMac is the only one with issues at the moment (6-bit screens or something). I've also heard that the graphics cards aren't as good :( . I don't do a lot of gaming, but I've also heard that a lot of the newer graphics application for mac rely on the GPU, and that large images+the new low-end graphics cards don't really make a nice pair.

I'm guessing that a new iMac will come out in September, but I won't be able to order one then. I'll be happy with what I get, and only grind my teeth for ~5 minutes.

I don't play games... (well, computer games).

I'm getting an iMac to have a desktop computer. I like my laptop, but it doesn't really have the screen for some stuff, and hooking up an external display takes up a lot of space (you should see all of the clutter and stuff for when my laptop is acting for a "desktop" at my school.

I've read the report on the iMac, and it seems like the 20" iMac is the only one with issues at the moment (6-bit screens or something). I've also heard that the graphics cards aren't as good :( . I don't do a lot of gaming, but I've also heard that a lot of the newer graphics application for mac rely on the GPU, and that large images+the new low-end graphics cards don't really make a nice pair.

I'm guessing that a new iMac will come out in September, but I won't be able to order one then. I'll be happy with what I get, and only grind my teeth for ~5 minutes.

The current iMacs on the market are still a good deal more powerful than mine, and I'm still using mine to clunk around. I imagine yours will do everything you need and more.

I'm just the kind of guy who has to get the latest version of everything :D

• 3 weeks later...

It arrived about 2 weeks ago, but I was just able to upload the stuff now...

boxxed.jpg

out_of_the_box.jpg

A video of the opening if you want to watch :P (65 MB, 3 minutes 41 seconds).

How does that fit in your backpack? :P

IF

I was thinking about getting one of these or these...

Just kidding.

My macBook fits in my bookBag, and I have a server for file sharing between the 2.

Archived