Storyist Forums

Dungeons and Dragons

Steakpirate

I know it's not really accomplishing anything literarily, but I've started revising/ working on a DnD campaign I wrote two years ago.

Even though it'll be my first time DMing, and they tell newbies to stick with premade campaigns, or at least campaigns in the default world, I'm sort of going all out. (Homebrewed history with a couple crazy twists), on a custom world.

The plot's all written, I just have to start creating the actual meat of the story; the encounters. The chain of events that lead the players through the story, and in reality, the fun part of the game.

So even though I have a thick backstory packet and a homemade meta-data sheet so that I can really make my characters part of the story, (that sheet took me hours :( ) I still have a lot of work ahead of me. (Meta-data is a term that refers to outside knowledge you wouldn't normally possess as a character.)

If you're interested in either document, I've attached both (or tried to.*)

Who knows, maybe I'll record the results and make a book out of the way things go down. :P

* The forum memory is too low to post here. To access either file,

paste "m3yt-2ipy-se4q" in the top left of http://pocketque.com and hit Go.

• 4 weeks later...
Even though it'll be my first time DMing, and they tell newbies to stick with premade campaigns, or at least campaigns in the default world, I'm sort of going all out. (Homebrewed history with a couple crazy twists), on a custom world.

In my experience, if you are an inexperienced GM, it doesn't matter if you have a premade campaign if your players are too experienced. Now Paranoia, that's a fun game to GM.

IF

Archived