Storyist Forums

Another problem.

PaulHigg

I am sorry to complain a lot since I am so new, but I was perusing the help file manuscript and clicking on various menus. I was trying like crazy to figure out how to get out of first corkboard and then collage. I finally managed to get back to the text view. I made it back to text view; however, I am now having this problem. Whenever I try to left click anywhere I get a menu that pops up with all kinds of different selections. Ditto for the right mouse button but with different selections. So now I cannot enter text.

Great, I just went back to it and now it has cleared up. I get right mouse contextual menus, but now I can click with the left button and type text.

Is it me? Is it my install? I downloaded the demo, then ordered the boxed version and entered my serial number and I am registered. But, it seems the more I play with it the more problems I have.

Hi Paul,

I am sorry to complain a lot since I am so new, but I was perusing the help file manuscript and clicking on various menus. I was trying like crazy to figure out how to get out of first corkboard and then collage. I finally managed to get back to the text view.

To change a view from the corkboard/collage view to text view, choose View > as Text.

To close a split view, choose View > Split > Close Active Split View or View > Split > Close Others.

I made it back to text view; however, I am now having this problem. Whenever I try to left click anywhere I get a menu that pops up with all kinds of different selections. Ditto for the right mouse button but with different selections. So now I cannot enter text.

Great, I just went back to it and now it has cleared up. I get right mouse contextual menus, but now I can click with the left button and type text.

Is it me? Is it my install? I downloaded the demo, then ordered the boxed version and entered my serial number and I am registered. But, it seems the more I play with it the more problems I have.

So you're getting the same behavior for left and right mouse clicks? You mention in another thread that you're using an iMac, so I assume you're using a mouse, not a trackpad. Things to check:

1) If you're using a wireless mouse, are you running low on batteries?

2) In the mouse section of system preferences, are your button assignments setup as you think they should be?

I'd be happy to set up another screen sharing session with you tomorrow to have you show me what you're seeing. If you're interested, let me know what time works for you.

-Steve

Hi Paul,

To change a view from the corkboard/collage view to text view, choose View > as Text.

To close a split view, choose View > Split > Close Active Split View or View > Split > Close Others.

So you're getting the same behavior for left and right mouse clicks? You mention in another thread that you're using an iMac, so I assume you're using a mouse, not a trackpad. Things to check:

1) If you're using a wireless mouse, are you running low on batteries?

2) In the mouse section of system preferences, are your button assignments setup as you think they should be?

I'd be happy to set up another screen sharing session with you tomorrow to have you show me what you're seeing. If you're interested, let me know what time works for you.

-Steve

Hi Steve,

First, it works! The forum notification that is.

Second, I think it would be a good idea to have another screen sharing session so you can see what's going on.

My mouse settings are fine. Have never changed them. I have a corded mouse.

What is happening is this: I am trying to go through the "Show Getting Started Guide" and when I try some of its suggestions it freezes. ONLY the guide. I can close it with the red circle then reopen another new document if I want.

I will let you know when a good time would be.

Thanks.

Paul

Archived