Storyist Forums

Scrollbar bug? Or just my Mac? (screenshot)

redsaint182

Hello :) I've just downloaded the Storyist 2 demo (version 3.2.1.) My scrollbar appears to be greyish, as opposed to the normal luminescent-blue of most apps. Is this a bug? Has anyone else experienced this?

post-1441-0-09906100-1301178174_thumb.jpg

P.S. Also, in fullscreen mode, I make the background and sides black, but that bar is still there, white and grey, sticking out like a sore thumb. Other than the scrollbar things, it seems like a great app.

P.P.S. I'm running the new 10.6.7 update of OS X

Hi ebgrimm,

Welcome to the forums.

Hello :) I've just downloaded the Storyist 2 demo (version 3.2.1.) My scrollbar appears to be greyish, as opposed to the normal luminescent-blue of most apps. Is this a bug? Has anyone else experienced this?

Arrow_GreyBar2.jpg

Not a bug. Everyone running 3.2 or later has experienced the iTunes-style scrollers. :)

P.S. Also, in fullscreen mode, I make the background and sides black, but that bar is still there, white and grey, sticking out like a sore thumb.

Sounds like you'd like to be able to be able to customize the scrollers in full-screen mode. Noted. I'm going to revisit full-screen scrollers for Lion.

Other than the scrollbar things, it seems like a great app.

Thanks.

-Steve

• 3 months later...

Full-screen scroll bars that are a bit more subtle would be nice ... :rolleyes:

Perhaps a choice of different scroll bar styles? (That's probably going a bit far.)

And if they could disappear when they're not in use (I think Lion will do that anyway).

Lion doesn't do this, actually. The disappearing scrollbars have to actually be implemented in the code for each application. I've mentioned these a couple of times to Steve, so hopefully I'm annoying enough to get him to comply.

Brian

Lion doesn't do this, actually. The disappearing scrollbars have to actually be implemented in the code for each application. I've mentioned these a couple of times to Steve, so hopefully I'm annoying enough to get him to comply.

Brian

Mmm. Didn't know this. I'd assumed it was an OS thing.

Archived