Storyist Forums

Keeping formatting when changing styles

fredsmith

Okay, if I change the style of a paragraph, then I seem to lose any extra formatting that I changed inside it. It does make sense, but it means I have to go through the whole book and reapply those extra italics again. Is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance ... :-)

Hi Fred,

Okay, if I change the style of a paragraph, then I seem to lose any extra formatting that I changed inside it. It does make sense, but it means I have to go through the whole book and reapply those extra italics again. Is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance ... :-)

Yes, there is a way around having to reformat the whole book by hand. :)

Let's say you want to change the style of your section text but want to preserve any bolded, italicized, or underlined text. To do this, you would do the following:

1) Select a paragraph that has the Section Text style but doesn't have any bold, italicized or underlined text.

2) Make the desired formatting changes.

3) Choose Format > Style > Redefine Style From Selection.

All paragraphs having the Section Text style will be updated, but will retain any bolded/italicized/underlined formatting.

-Steve

Hi Fred,

Yes, there is a around having to reformat the whole book by hand. :)

Let's say you want to change the style of your section text but want to preserve any bolded, italicized, or underlined text. To do this, you would do the following:

1) Select a paragraph that has the Section Text style but doesn't have any bold, italicized or underlined text.

2) Make the desired formatting changes.

3) Choose Format > Style > Redefine Style From Selection.

All paragraphs having the Section Text style will be updated, but will retain any bolded/italicized/underlined formatting.

-Steve

Wow ...

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

:D

Archived