Storyist Forums
RBM

Congratulations / Typewriter Scrolling

First off, I think congratulations are in order. It appears you managed to create an entire new league for writing apps on the iPad. *Takes hat off and bows*

I've been writing some 50 odd pages so far, with only one minor annoyance: when using typewriter scrolling (an absolute must on the iPad -- I've been misusing iA Writer's focus mode for this so far) with an Apple Keyboard Dock, sometimes small hiccups occur when the text shifts to a new line, as if the page has to 'resettle'. Would it be at all possible to smoothen this out somewhat over time?

I've rated Storyist 5 stars in iTunes and will move most of my work your app next week -- looking forward to submitting it to some heavy use. :-)

Hi RBM,

Welcome. Thanks for the kind words and for the iTunes review.

I'll take a look at the "resettling" issue. It should be possible to make this smoother.

-Steve

First off, I think congratulations are in order. It appears you managed to create an entire new league for writing apps on the iPad. *Takes hat off and bows*

I've been writing some 50 odd pages so far, with only one minor annoyance: when using typewriter scrolling (an absolute must on the iPad -- I've been misusing iA Writer's focus mode for this so far) with an Apple Keyboard Dock, sometimes small hiccups occur when the text shifts to a new line, as if the page has to 'resettle'. Would it be at all possible to smoothen this out somewhat over time?

I've rated Storyist 5 stars in iTunes and will move most of my work your app next week -- looking forward to submitting it to some heavy use. :-)

Great! Just to clarify: it only happens when editing 'in medias res', with text above and below the insertion point.

For the rest: the more I use it, the more I like it! :-)