Storyist Forums

Editing Character/Setting Templates

aethera

The first problem I've come across with Storyist is not being able to change the character sheet template. For one of my stories I created an in-depth military character sheet that contained both information that would theoretically be "available" to the characters of my story (ie. on the internet) as well as notes to myself. Since I went to a great deal of trouble to come up with all the details that I need as I write, I really wanted to add it to my Storyist project. The only way for me to do that at the moment is to type it all into the "Notes" section, but I'm having trouble organizing it as well as the previous version, even with all-caps headers and bold/italic text. I'd really like to be able to remove the "Physical Description" section and just have the details I chose for my military character sheet. (As it stands, I get a bit annoyed every time I try to go reference a detail that I haven't been able to easily input on the sheet yet.)

Being able to change the sections ("Summary" and "Physical Description", mostly) and put different sections in their place would really make the character sheets a useful tool. As it stands, the most they're really good for is keeping track of a character's eye color. It's hard to get all the details into paragraph form in the notes section, and there's a lot that's more important to keep track of than eye color. I'd like to be able to edit and save the template I want to use for a character, or for a setting.

IDEALLY:

> Edit character/setting/scene sheet sections/headings/fields

> Save sheet changes as new (not overwrite, not every project is the same)

> In preferences, mark which character/setting/scene sheet format should be default in the given project

That would make a truly awesome update.

~A

Archived