Storyist Forums

Feature requests

Layth

Hi,

Earlier this week, I downloaded your app and I'm glad I did. I left a 5 star review.

I was curious to know about your road map for the next update.

One feature that I believe would be helpful for many writers out there is in addition to the spell checker that you already have, is adding a thesaurus. As a writer it's a very valuable tool, it can help a writer find a character's voice and it would be much more convenient to do in the same app.

Another useful feature would be, the ability to extract character names and locations from the script and the number of occurrences, it would be really helpful for budgeting purposes.

I may have missed this in the app, but is it possible to do dual dialog? Along the same lines, I can't seem to find the title page for any of the scripts I imported from Final Draft.

Thank you. I hope that wasn't too long :P

Hi Layth,

Welcome to the forums.

Earlier this week, I downloaded your app and I'm glad I did. I left a 5 star review.

Thanks for the 5 star review!

One feature that I believe would be helpful for many writers out there is in addition to the spell checker that you already have, is adding a thesaurus. As a writer it's a very valuable tool, it can help a writer find a character's voice and it would be much more convenient to do in the same app.

Agreed. I've looked into this a little, and there are issues with the 3rd party solutions out there. I think it is likely that Apple will add system-wide support to iOS for this as it did for the dictionary in iOS 5.

Another useful feature would be, the ability to extract character names and locations from the script and the number of occurrences, it would be really helpful for budgeting purposes.

And for the writing phase too.

There are a lot of Tagger-like features that could be implemented. Since the audience for these features would be smaller, I might add them as an in-app addition. Names and locations would be a great start.

I may have missed this in the app, but is it possible to do dual dialog? Along the same lines, I can't seem to find the title page for any of the scripts I imported from Final Draft.

You're not missing anything. Storyist does not currently support dual dialog and does not import title pages from Final Draft documents. Thanks for the requests.

-Steve

Thanks for the quick reply!

And for the writing phase too.

There are a lot of Tagger-like features that could be implemented. Since the audience for these features would be smaller, I might add them as an in-app addition. Names and locations would be a great start.

If you do decide to go that route, you have one guaranteed sale already. ;)

Archived