Storyist Forums

Preference selection for location of backup files

Mikael@mblaisdell.com

It would be great if you could specify where you wanted the backup folder to be stored. Right now, it defaults to somewhere in Application Support, I think. I'd much sooner keep it in a folder in my Documents main folder along with the main Storyist data files.

Sorry for the delayed reply Mikael. I missed this one when it was posted.

Yes, backups are stored in ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Backup. It is perfectly reasonable to make this something you can set (with a pane in the Preferences dialog) and I'll probably add this with some of the other backup-related requests.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-Steve

• 4 years later...

Since I notice this feature isn't present in Storyist 2.4 (1692), can I add my vote? If it's simpler than adding a UI element, perhaps a first step would be to create a setting that can be changed with the defaults commnd? Something like this would be a help:

defaults write com.storyist.StoryBackupLocation -string "~/Documents/Storyist Backups"

In the meantime, I do note that command shell-savvy folks can probably accommodate this function in a somewhat hackish way by making ~/Library/Application Support/Storyist/Backup a symbolic link to someplace else (using the "ln -s" command).

Archived