Storyist Forums

Scene and Dialogue numbering

vanliemt

Hi,

I'm story editing a lot of animated series in France, and because they're often international coproductions, we number every scene and dialogue for quick reference. It's very useful when 4 to 8 people are giving you notes on a draft.

Could you include that as an option in the next version of Storyist?

So far I'm using it to read and quickly edit Final Draft files on my iPad, but I'm seriously considering it as a valid Final Draft alternative.

Hi vanliemt,

Thanks for the request. Scene numbering is on the list. You mentioned that you number dialogue too. I'll look into that as well. For others reading: please +1 if this is something of interest to you.

-Steve

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi vanliemt,

Thanks for the request. Scene numbering is on the list. You mentioned that you number dialogue too. I'll look into that as well. For others reading: please +1 if this is something of interest to you.

-Steve

I see that scene numbering was "on the list" in 2012. I am writing in January of 2014 to ask if it has been added yet. I am running a Mac with Storyist Version 2.4.5 (1891) which seems to be the latest version.

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Steve,

Im writing because I desperately need a scene numbering option on Storyist. I write very long screenplays and its very hard to comment or to keep track of certain scenes during work sessions because THERE IS NO OPTION ON STORYIST THAT ALLOWS USERS TO AUTOMATICALLY NUMBER SCENES IN THE PROPER FORMAT. THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN POINTED OUT ON DIFFERENT TIMES SINCE 2012 AND IT HASN'T BEEN ADRESSED YET WHICH IS A GREAT SHAME. THIS FEATURE IS NECESSARY TO ALL USERS AND ITS ADDITION TO STORYIST WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED BY ALL USERS.

CAPITAL +1 ON SCENE NUMBERING PLEASE!!!!!

Thank you very much for your time. I'll be waiting for your response.

Best regards.

Archived