Storyist Forums

Question about formatting and ePub

garrickstaggs

I just have a curious question: were the ePub versions of the Manual's for both iPad and desktop versions created in storyist alone? If so, how were the sections created without the # symbol appearing in the final version? Also, how was the align left formatting achieved? Each time I attempt that it gets changed after ePub conversion, and appears with an indent. It seems that the manuals should have been created straight out of the program they represent, but it seems further editing was performed elsewhere to achieve this. Could someone please enlighten me?

Thanks!

Garrick

Yes, I had read your workaround for this, but in your explanation you said it would leave us with Chapters, but no sections in the project view. Does the project view also not equal the TOC in an ePub? I'm only asking because the users guide appears to have both... Chapters and subsequent sections. I'm not trying to be a pain, just trying to grasp a better understanding.

Thanks!

Hi Garrick,

I just have a curious question: were the ePub versions of the Manual's for both iPad and desktop versions created in storyist alone? If so, how were the sections created without the # symbol appearing in the final version?

They were. You'll find the "source" Storyist project for both the ePub and the Kindle editions on the support page. The section separators were not included in the guide.

Also, how was the align left formatting achieved? Each time I attempt that it gets changed after ePub conversion, and appears with an indent. It seems that the manuals should have been created straight out of the program they represent, but it seems further editing was performed elsewhere to achieve this. Could someone please enlighten me?

The versions on the site include the indent. If you're not seeing an indent, perhaps your reader is overriding the paragraph setting?

In general, if you want to change the default styling in the current version, you'll need to do this as described in the screencast. The Editing ePub files post also has some useful info.

-Steve

Archived