Storyist Forums

have a few questions about Ipad and Storyist

briwriter

Hi everyone I hoping you can all help me with some advice about using storyist and the Ipad. Family bought me an Ipad for my upcoming birthday, and something called a Zagg folio and keyboard.

Having really not used Storyist on the Ipad though I do have it on there. I would like some advice on writing novels on the Ipad and also scripts.

They say by having the zagg folio and keyboard it will make my ipad more like a mac air. I have drop box on my mac at home and also on my Ipad. As that seems the only way currently to save your work, unlike pages which i believe you can.

some my questions.

1. Has anyone ever written a full novel on an Ipad

2. Do you find it easier using something like a zagg folio keyboard or would i be better off getting the apple blue tooth keyboard.

3. Are there any more templates either as an extra purchase, such as for stage plays and comics and graphic novels.

thanks everyone

Hello

some my questions.

2. Do you find it easier using something like a zagg folio keyboard or would i be better off getting the apple blue tooth keyboard.

3. Are there any more templates either as an extra purchase, such as for stage plays and comics and graphic novels.

1. I was able to complete the Nano contest with writing the whole novel on the iPad. This was my first try at the contest. Novel was crap but the experience was one of the most fulfilling I have ever had. You can't beat the portability.

2. Started to use a apple bluetooth keyboard a short while ago and found that it helped out by giving you more screen real estate. But you loose the automatic corrections built into iPads when you use any external keyboard with every app not just Storyist. Easier is a personal thing.

3. Can't answer that one.

Phil

Hi everyone I hoping you can all help me with some advice about using storyist and the Ipad. Family bought me an Ipad for my upcoming birthday, and something called a Zagg folio and keyboard.

Having really not used Storyist on the Ipad though I do have it on there. I would like some advice on writing novels on the Ipad and also scripts.

They say by having the zagg folio and keyboard it will make my ipad more like a mac air. I have drop box on my mac at home and also on my Ipad. As that seems the only way currently to save your work, unlike pages which i believe you can.

some my questions.

thanks everyone

If you have a Mac, Storyist for iPad can save your files to iTunes and transfer them that way as well as via Dropbox. Choose Copy to iTunes from the list that pops up when you tap the Export button. When you attach your iPad to your Mac, click on Apps inside your iPad window on iTunes, scroll down to Storyist, click on it, and you will see your file.

Storyist for iPad uses regular .story files, so you can copy over, via iTunes or Dropbox, any of the templates in the Storyist for Mac > Using Storyist > Sharing section. There is an issue with the Stageplay template, which Steve has described elsewhere, that keeps you from being able to use the special extended keyboard that the Screenplay template uses. Otherwise, the templates should work fine. There is no charge for the additional templates.

I have not written an entire novel on my iPad. I admire those who do but prefer my Mac for serious typing. Still, I have used an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard with Storyist for iPad and it works great. That said, I believe the Zagg is the best of the iPad-sized keyboards, so since your family was kind enough to gve you one, why not use it? I'm not sure you would have better results with an Apple keyboard (as distinct from a Mac).

Welcome to the forums!

Marguerite

Archived