Storyist Forums

First page issue with ePub export

kaatmal

So I have been using an image for the title page of my ePub export book. When I export, it passes validation checking and indeed the page can be seen in iBooks if you flip to it, but hen I open the file in iBooks it always starts on page 2 (the first text only page). Any ideas why this is? I want it to open to page 1 obviously, which is the image.

I have the image set to body text like the rest of the book on export btw.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Nope, that didn't fix it this time. Defining it as anything (cover,title page,body text) doesn't change the fact that the first page displayed is the 2nd page (the first text only page). Again, it displays correctly if you page back to it, or if I use the Chapters button in ibooks, but not when you launch it. I am beginning to suspect that if the first page of your book is an art file it won't work, but if it's text and then follow by an art file it will.

Maybe Steve could clarify?

So my gut was right. If I take a page and embedd the art within it, or I have the first page be a text only page and a subsequent page be an art file, then it works. But there doesn't seem to be anyway to have the first page of the document be an art file (at least in ibooks that I know of) from EPUB export from Storyist. If you guys find a way to do this, please let me know, but I thought I would pass on my research thus far.

Archived