Storyist Forums

Problems with dropbox

mwoerner

Hi mwoerner,

If you're in the Storyist app and see the .story project in the Copy from Dropbox dialog, but it is gray, you're already in another Storyist project. Back out to the My Projects screen and import to there.

Here's what's happening: A Storyist project (a .story file) is a collection of text and image files. When you tap a Storyist project in the My Projects screen, you open it, and you can then navigate into it to these individual files. If you then tap the Import button while you're inside the project and choose the Copy from Dropbox command, you'll see the files in your Dropbox. The files that can be imported at this point are listed in black. The files that can't be imported at this point are grayed out. Since you can't import a Storyist project into another project, your Storyist files are grayed out.

-Steve

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello Steve,

Having the same problem with importing word formats. Your reply a year ago was that storyist doesn't import docx or doc files, but in the support guide it clearly says it does: http://storyist.com/support/users-guide/getting-started/#ug-importing-a-file

All other formats except rtf are grayed out. Also when I back out to the My Projects screen. It seems like I missed an update or something or maybe I am just lost in translation?

How do I fix this? I can change the format on everything I want to import, but I am hoping there is an other way.

Thank you so much,

Mara

Mara,

Storyist for Mac can import .doc and .docx files, although it does better with .rtf.

Storyist for iPad cannot import .doc or .docx files. It can import .rtf files. Save your Word files in Word as .rtf, and you will have no problem importing them via Dropbox. If you export them as .rtf from Storyist, you can open them again in Word.

Best,

Marguerite

Archived