Storyist Forums

Awesome job! A few features...

Iseras

Congrats Steve for completely blowing Final Draft out of the water with your products. You've really put them to shame! You should take a nice vacation now that 2.0 is out, but just a couple of requests that I think would make it even better!

1. In screenplay mode, the tab function works great, but pressing enter doesn't automatically include scene headings, and pressing tab after doesn't include DAY, NIGHT, etc... or am I missing something?

2. Is there a way to sync the scene outlines with the scene navigator "title" section in Final Draft? I don't even use final draft anymore unless I absolutely have to (collaboration with others), but having the notes on the cards sync under the title section in navigator would be helpful.

3. Any chance for page numbers in the iphone version?

4. It seems that touching a scene heading in the script does't take you to the index card anymore, and vica versa. This used to work in the previous version. Again not sure if i've missed something.

Again, you've done just a terrific job with this. I'll spread the word

Hi Iseras,

Thanks for the kind words and the feature requests.

1. "Enter" shortcuts are on the list.

2. There isn't a way to sync the Final Draft titles. This would mean more significant changes to Storyist. I'll take a look.

3. Page numbers are actually available when you're not in Draft mode. If you turn off Draft mode, you'll see the script as it appears on the page, including headers and footers. Not as easy to edit on iPhone, but you can do it. :)

4. Touching the scene heading in the script didn't take you to the cards in version 1.3 either. You might be thinking of tapping the scene heading in the outline view while the index cards are available in the main view. That works in 2.0 too.

-Steve

Archived