Storyist Forums

Lockup while saving

Writermonki

Storyist sometimes locks up when I save the document I'm working on. I'm working in the plot point worksheets at the moment. Mostly, everything is fine, but every now and then, when saving, the program will toss up a spinning beach ball, and freeze until I kill the program. It's happened twice today over a few hours of working. Luckily I haven't lost much information, but there's always that moment of dread when I have to hit the kill switch. Other than it happening occasionally while saving, I have no idea what is causing it. Kind of scary.

I'm running Storyist 2.4.5 under OS 10.9.3

Hi Writermonki,

The next time it happens, please send the crash report to the support email address. That will probably give some indication of what is going on, and we can investigate.

It sounds like this happened before 10.9.3, correct? If so, let me know if there is anything unusual about your Mac or your OS X installation.

-Steve

Last time it happened, I clicked the 'send the crash report' button. Is that what you needed? I just updated the OS a day or two ago, so yes, pretty sure it happened before the update as well. It's not constant, but it's becoming more frequent. I don't think there is anything special about my OS X installation. it's the factory install. I've never had to reinstall it, but I have kept the OS updated to the current version. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Archived