Storyist Forums

template question

UkieGirlCoUk

Hi,

I just started a new project and the 'short title' in the document header isn't changing like it has in other documents.

I deleted it, but now I'm curious as to how I'd add it back. Also, the sample document references a title page template in the notebook, I can not find that either.

How do I get the short title back and where do I find the title page template?

Ukie Girl

Also -- I'm using Storyist 2.4 -- won't be upgrading my Mac past 10.7 unless I win the lottery. I can't afford upgrades for all the software on here. :-(

Hi, Ukie Girl:

If you choose File > New Project and select the Novel template, you should find the Title page included. You can just copy and paste the text into a new note in your main file, then close the new project without saving it.

For the short title, I assume you mean the header that shows up on each page? The trick is to go to the View menu and look for "Show Page Guides." Click on it. A long rectangle will appear above your main text. Click in that box and go to the Edit menu and choose "Insert," then Page Number from the drop down list that appears. That will insert the page number into the header. Click in the box next to the page number and type the rest of the text as it should appear. Once you're happy with it, you can go back to the View menu and choose "Hide Page Guides." Or you can just leave them showing; they won't print.

Best,

Marguerite

Archived