Storyist Forums

Bug: sort order in Outline view

nen1000

In Outline view, when first generated, gives a list of chapters in the order they are created together with other info such as word count. Clicking on column titles will sort the list, so it's possible to order by word count for instance.

The problem is that there appears to be no way to return the view to the chapter order of the MS. Clicking title just does the normal alpha/numeric sorting (so I get chapter 1, chapter 10, chapter 11.... chapter 2, chapter 20, chapter 21...). I'd suggest, if it's possible to code, that clicking 'Title' just sorts by MS order (to undo e.g. a sort by word count). I can't see a time where I'd want to order this view by chapter title in any other way (although others may disagree).

Nick

Hi Nick,

I assume you're using version 3 for Mac. Let me know if you're using something different.

The column headers should be tri-state. The first click should sort the items in increasing order. The second click should sort them in decreasing order, and the third should return them to the original, unsorted state.

I just tested this on Yosemite and see that this isn't the case. I'll investigate.

Thanks for the report.

-Steve

Archived