Storyist Forums

Little yellow sticky notes

Narayume

On your product screen shot you can see a storyboard view to the right which has two delightful sticky notes on it, which don't seem to be linked to the text. How does one get such glorious notes??? I have many notes that are more general writing prompts for myself rather than anything that fits into a particular chapter and I would love to be able to put them somewhere.

Also, thank you for the undo button that just keeps going. In my attempt to "tidy up" my index cards I almost deleted half my book. The learning curve is a bit on the steep side I have to say.

Hi Narayume,

You can add comments to collages as seen the the screenshot as follows:

1. Change to storyboard mode using the View > as Storyboard menu command.
  2. Select the section you're interested (you can do this in the project view).
  3. Click the Add (+) button in the floating tool palette in the collage.

-Steve

I only get "New Section" and "New Chapter" that way. The first gives me a new card and the second a new chapter. No sticky notes though. What am I missing?

I've just had a quick play with this - I've not used this functionality in anger - and it seems the missing step is to click on an item that is on the "pin-board" already, e.g. an index card or picture (dragged from your images folder). Then under "New" you can select "Comment" which gives you a sticky note. All the items on the pin-board can be dragged around to get them into a convenient layout.

--Nick

• 1 month later...

Thanks for asking the same question I wanted to know. I can now create stickies in the main window, but how do I get them onto the right hand panel for viewing or adding whilst working on my manuscript. Like in the screenshot on the Storyist home page.

Also is there a video tutorial anywhere for beginners?

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forums.

That screenshot is just a split view showing a collage. You can get the same setup as follows:

1. Start with the manuscript in the main view.
  2. Click the left-most button in the toolbar and choose "Side by Side Editor Views."
  3. Place the cursor in the right view and then click a section in the Project view that has the comments you added in the main view.

You can find the tutorials on the How-To page at the Storyist site.

-Steve

Archived