Storyist Forums

Importing OPML files and working with Section Sheets

vishae

Hi,

It was previously mentioned that Storyist for Mac support OPML (http://storyist.invisionzone.com/index.php/topic/2156-opml-support-file-handling-foreign-languages/).

I can't seem to find how to do this though. I tried using the "Import..." feature, but it doesn't allow me to select an OPML file.

I'm currently still on Storyist 2.4.6 though, if that makes a difference.

And if Storyist does support OPML import, can I import my outline as Section Sheets? (I'm guessing it's a no)

The reason for the second question is because of the situation below:

Let me explain my current workflow, hopefully someone can point me to a more effective/efficient way of doing this.

When I start a new project I create section sheets first, then attach them to blank sections in the manuscript. This is so the manuscript sections would be auto-filled with the title and summaries in the section sheets. I want the section sheets and the sections to be linked so when information in one is changed the other would change as well.

I've tried creating the section first (with title and summary) then attaching a blank section sheet, but the information on the blank section would overwrite the manuscript section.

What I would really like is, as I create new sections, section sheets are created automatically (or even the other way round, with section sheets created first would be fine).

Hope someone can help!

Archived