Storyist Forums

Adding writing goals and why isn't help working?

Maury

Hi, I can't find for the life of me how to add writing goals (word count per session) in Storyist. Also, when I open the help window, it doesn't matter how much I click on the item I wish to consult, it stays there, like if it freezes. What can I do?

Cheers!

Hi Maury,

I don't know if this is any help but I was experiencing a similar problem and it was driving me insane. I read every forum and the Storyist guide and everything in between (including posting on this forum).

Anyway, having beaten several shades of brown out of my iMac I realised that my manuscript was in 'FULL SCREEN MODE' and had been all the time. I went to the menu bar VIEW then EXIT FULL SCREEN (which you can also do by pressing: CTRL, CMD, F )

Once out of Full Screen Mode I went to the project panel, selected my project and then was able to set the goals etc in the INSPECTOR panel on the right. Everything now seems to work perfectly. I don't know why but you cannot access the INSPECTOR setting in full screen mode. You will also have to come back out of your manuscript and click on the main project file to review your progress against your goals etc.

IF the problem you are having is not related to FULL SCREEN MODE then feel free to laugh mockingly at me. IF however the problem you have been experiencing is the result of the same issue then at least I'm not the only dipstick out there (that said there is nowhere online or in their software guide that states that the INSPECTOR menu does not work whilst in FULL SCREEN MODE.

A.

p.s. The 'HELP' option isn't working on mine either.

Hi! I will certainly NOT laugh mockingly at you! No, I'm not on full screen. Odd isn't it? But the "help" thingy is just not working. On the other hand, you seem to have a wonderful sense of humour, which, I hope, you are including in your writing.

Cheers.

Hi -

For project goals: at the top of the Storyist window, beneath the file name, is a white box. On the left some text (which at least for me defaults to word count) and on the right, a long, narrow box. Tap on this box, and a dialogue box pops up where you can enter project and daily word-count goals (if you don't see the boxes, make sure the gear icon at the bottom is selected; also, there is sometimes a little lag waiting for the dialogue box to pop up).

If you're in full screen mode, just roll the cursor to the top of the screen, and the relevant menu bar will drop down.

As far is Help is concerned, I've not yet encountered a programme where the Help is useful for anything more than basic menu commands (i.e. the kinds of things you can usually work out for yourself, unless you're using Microsoft Office...)

Nick

Archived