Storyist Forums

autosave problem

new&annoyed

Hello

Yesterday I started using Storyist for the first time. I'd been a sometime user of Scrivener but never really caught the bug as I constantly work between desktop and iPad. Storyist seemed to be the solution.

At first things seemed to be going nice and smoothly. I could sync via iCloud drive, and imported all my Scrivener files from Dropbox. I set about tidying up my messy array of starting up files, and had streamlined them into something that looked like it will work. Autosave seemed to be doing just fine, as the new streamlined version of my project synced across devices (desktop Mac, iPhone and iPad). Disaster struck when I finally got around to editing the work. For some reason I can't fathom, autosave stopped working. Being new to the software I hadn't double checked everything was saved and so lost several hours work. Having now read many documents on Storyist and autosave I'm non-the-wiser. Any body got a suggestion about what happened.

More significantly anybody know how to stop it happening again so that I might make use of Storyist.

Thanks for any help.

new&annoyed

Hi,

It sounds like you're keeping your project files in the Storyist folder in your iCloud Drive folder and that they've been syncing. Storyist uses Apple's Versions to make periodic backups of your work. You should be able to browse these backups using the File > Revert To > View All Versions command. You can also use the File > Show Previous Versions command to see a list of the backups. When you make edits and use File > Save, you should see a new version in the list.

Can you say a little more about what you're seeing? It would be helpful to know what versions of OS X and Storyist you are running.

-Steve

Archived