Storyist Forums

How to obtein a correct format? ePub, mobi

scully

I´m working with Storyst 2.3.3 for Mac.

I have tried to convert my new book to ePub, but I'm going crazy with the formats.

In Storyst software:

post-4020-0-76063000-1390848853_thumb.png

Style for "CAPITULO 1"= Chapter Style:

Courier 12, Centered, Outline Level Heading 1, 7cm Before Paragraph, 0,84 cm After Paragragh.

Style for the "TEXT"= Section Text:

Arial 11, Justified, Outline Level Body Text, 0cm Before Paragraph, 0,52 cm After Paragragh.

Ok, everything is Fine.

Looks perfect.

I want publish my ebook like this. :)

But, when a export to ePub o mobi, this is the result:

post-4020-0-50258800-1390848845_thumb.png

The question is:

How can I ajust the styles to obtein a ePub that looks good, and is as close as possible to the "first design"?

I've been testing all afternoon and this is frustrating.
OMG, It is more difficult to get a good format for ePub that write the 400 pages of the novel!

Hi Scully,

Storyist generates ePub files that are compatible with a wide variety of ebook readers. It doesn't generate "what you see is what you get" because many readers don't display "what you see" properly or adjust things like font, alignment, and margins based on user preferences.

If you have a particular reader in mind (e.g. iBooks), and are willing to proofread your ePub file on the different versions of that reader, you can edit the ePub file that Storyist generates as described in this thread. Storyist does include hooks in the ePub to allow you to edit the CSS to suit your needs.

By the way, the version you are using is out of date. You can update to the most current version for free by choosing Storyist > Check for Updates.

-Steve

Archived