Storyist Forums

Applying styles

When I redefine a style to the body text, should I expect that change to apply to all text that is assigned the body text style; on all documents in the project? I can't get it to apply to anything outside of the current document.

Hi Jesse,

Each file has its own style sheet, so changing the styles in one does not update the styles in other files in the project.

If you want to apply the styles from one file to another file in the project, you can use the Format > Styles > Change Stylesheet > Project Stylesheet command.

If you want to use the stylesheet for new files, you can make your desired changes in a file and save it as a template that appears in the template chooser.

-Steve

12 hours ago, Steve said:

Hi Jesse,

Each file has its own style sheet, so changing the styles in one does not update the styles in other files in the project.

If you want to apply the styles from one file to another file in the project, you can use the Format > Styles > Change Stylesheet > Project Stylesheet command.

If you want to use the stylesheet for new files, you can make your desired changes in a file and save it as a template that appears in the template chooser.

-Steve

Awesome, it worked. Is there documentation on creating custom stylesheet templates that I can reference for each document then?

• 3 weeks later...