Storyist Forums

Page Numbers

membarock

I am brand new to Storyist. I recently took 150 pages of text I had previously written and pasted it all into the novel template. Then I noticed that the page numbers in the headers did not adjust to the number of pages. I started to change them manually before realizing that whatever number I typed onto one page became uniform for every page. I typed "1" onto the first page and suddenly every page had a 1 on it. How can I get the pages to number themselves correctly?

I am brand new to Storyist. I recently took 150 pages of text I had previously written and pasted it all into the novel template. Then I noticed that the page numbers in the headers did not adjust to the number of pages. I started to change them manually before realizing that whatever number I typed onto one page became uniform for every page. I typed "1" onto the first page and suddenly every page had a 1 on it. How can I get the pages to number themselves correctly?

Hi Membarock,

Welcome to the forums. To insert page numbers in the header or footer:

1) Position the cursor in the header or footer. You can use View > Show Page Guides to see where they are if you want.

2) Choose Edit > Insert > Page Number from the main menu.

That's it. The correct page numbers will show on each page.

-Steve

Hi Membarock,

Welcome to the forums. To insert page numbers in the header or footer:

1) Position the cursor in the header or footer. You can use View > Show Page Guides to see where they are if you want.

2) Choose Edit > Insert > Page Number from the main menu.

That's it. The correct page numbers will show on each page.

-Steve

Thanks Steve! It worked perfectly except the first page has a "0" on it instead of a "1". Any ideas?

Thanks Steve! It worked perfectly except the first page has a "0" on it instead of a "1". Any ideas?

Hi Membarock,

You're right. It looks like I introduced a small bug in 2.1.4 when laying the groundwork for Orren's feature request.

To work around the problem, simply save your project, close it, and the reopen it: the page numbers should then be correct. I'll get this fixed right away.

-Steve

• 1 month later...

Archived