Storyist Forums

Section Names In The Found Window

Steve E

Hi Steve.

Once upon a time, a long long time ago, the ever-useful Search command grouped it finds under their Section names. It would be useful to have that back.

I often use Search to jog my memory about such things as turns of phrase but without the context of the Section I cannot be sure I've found the right thing. Yes, I could click on line to take me to that Section and then check the placard at the top of the screen and then click to get back, for each found line. But I'd rather forgo all that clicking.

Search still provides the hierarchy of folders for Characters, Settings, etcetera, but only the manuscript name when searching through the body of text. Why is that?

If I'm missing something obvious (not out of the realm of possibility for me) please tell me. Otherwise, I'd like my Section names back in the Found window if that's at all possible.

Thanks Steve. And Happy New Year.

- Thoth.

Hi Steve.

Once upon a time, a long long time ago, the ever-useful Search command grouped it finds under their Section names. It would be useful to have that back.

I often use Search to jog my memory about such things as turns of phrase but without the context of the Section I cannot be sure I've found the right thing. Yes, I could click on line to take me to that Section and then check the placard at the top of the screen and then click to get back, for each found line. But I'd rather forgo all that clicking.

Search still provides the hierarchy of folders for Characters, Settings, etcetera, but only the manuscript name when searching through the body of text. Why is that?

If I'm missing something obvious (not out of the realm of possibility for me) please tell me. Otherwise, I'd like my Section names back in the Found window if that's at all possible.

Thanks Steve. And Happy New Year.

- Thoth.

Thanks Thoth. This one is already on the list.

-Steve

Archived