Storyist Forums

Formattted Outline elements should show up in OL View

rjh18

When formatting outline elements they show up only in the script with the proper font,text color etc. It would be much more useful if this formatting showed up in the outline itself. Currently changing outline elements in the outline is not possible.

Ralph

When formatting outline elements they show up only in the script with the proper font,text color etc.

And font size. Don't for get font size.

My screen is pretty crisp but those teeny tiny letters are annoying. I typically run Storyist at 200% but that doesn't effect the outline view. Perhaps it should.

- Thoth

And font size. Don't for get font size.

My screen is pretty crisp but those teeny tiny letters are annoying. I typically run Storyist at 200% but that doesn't effect the outline view. Perhaps it should.

- Thoth

BIG (pun intended) second (or fifth, or whatever we're up to now) on the font size. Peering at teeny type gets real old after a while. At least the ability to zoom in and to print something legible would be great.

On the colors, I can see the logic. If you go to the trouble of setting them in outline view, why not see them in the Project View? Personally, however, I love the yellow legal pad look, so I don't think I'd use the feature if it were there. And at the moment, all colors are limited to the collage, no? So bringing them into the Project View, while not necessarily a bad thing, would mark a fairly large shift from current practice.

Best,

Marguerite

BIG (pun intended) second (or fifth, or whatever we're up to now) on the font size. Peering at teeny type gets real old after a while. At least the ability to zoom in and to print something legible would be great.

On the colors, I can see the logic. If you go to the trouble of setting them in outline view, why not see them in the Project View? Personally, however, I love the yellow legal pad look, so I don't think I'd use the feature if it were there. And at the moment, all colors are limited to the collage, no? So bringing them into the Project View, while not necessarily a bad thing, would mark a fairly large shift from current practice.

Best,

Marguerite

I want to make a distinction between the outline view and the project navigator. They are separate. The project view or navigator is on the left. The outline view is interchangeable with the script and index card view. Using the yellow legal pad is not mutually exclusive of changing the formatting of the text. Not sure what you mean by all colors are limited to the collage.

I want to make a distinction between the outline view and the project navigator. They are separate. The project view or navigator is on the left. The outline view is interchangeable with the script and index card view. Using the yellow legal pad is not mutually exclusive of changing the formatting of the text. Not sure what you mean by all colors are limited to the collage.

OK, it's obvious I haven't played much with colors. I see that if you set the Outline to "Item Color," you do get color-coded backgrounds for the outline entries. Otherwise "item color" primarily changes the color of the index cards in the storyboard (called the collage in reference to individual items). The collage is the gray screen where you can drag images or plot points or section sheets—whatever—to associate them with a particular scene or section.

The Project View is, as you say, on the left and used for navigating the project. It seems (to me) entirely separate. But the point of the Features Request thread is to ask for what you want, so go for it!

Best,

Marguerite

Archived