Storyist Forums

Testing 1... 2... 3

Thanks for asking...

I had just finished registering and wanted to make sure everything was working (name, avatar, successful post).

Actually, I do have a question. Shortly after registering as 'Log Line' I came up with another member name that I'd rather use.

Can that be changed? Or should I re-register with the other name? I don't see a way for me to make the change in My Controls.

Cheers!

...Actually, I do have a question. Shortly after registering as 'Log Line' I came up with another member name that I'd rather use.

Can that be changed? Or should I re-register with the other name? I don't see a way for me to make the change in My Controls....

Sorry. Avatars and passwords can be changed but I see no way to change your User Name. But you can:

1. PM our ADMIN (Steve) and ask him to change it for you. Or,

2. Re-register, as you suggested.

-Thoth.

Thanks for asking...

I had just finished registering and wanted to make sure everything was working (name, avatar, successful post).

Actually, I do have a question. Shortly after registering as 'Log Line' I came up with another member name that I'd rather use.

Can that be changed? Or should I re-register with the other name? I don't see a way for me to make the change in My Controls.

Cheers!

Hi Logline,

I'm pretty sure I can change your display name if you want. Drop me a PM with the desired name and I'll see what I can do.

-Steve

...What do you write? How did you discover Storyist?

Great "handle," by the way.

I like the icon. It looks like a typewriter key. So why "r"? Does it stand for "Rewrite"?

"Writing is rewriting. A writer must learn to deepen characters, trim writing, intensify scenes. To fall in love with the first draft to the point where one cannot change it is to greatly enhance the prospects of never publishing." — Richard North Patterson

"Half my life is an act of revision." — John Irving

"Books aren't written- they're rewritten. Including your own. It is one of the hardest things to accept, especially after the seventh rewrite hasn't quite done it." — Michael Crichton

"The great thing about revision is that it's your opportunity to fake being brilliant." — Will Shetterly

Enjoy the Storyist experience, Rewrite.

(And don't forget to back-up before any extensive revisions.)

- Thoth

Interesting. I got a reply from members 1, 3, and 5. If only number 2 had stopped by I would have been greeted by a Fibonacci Series!

On to your questions...

My interest is screenplays, and I found out about Storyist via Stu Maschwitz's blog ProLost.

It is indeed a typewriter key, similar to what one would find on a vintage Remington Noiseless Portable.

A couple of years ago I 'borrowed' it from another application to replace the Scrivener icon in my dock.

Oh... such a travesty!

Interesting. I got a reply from members 1, 3, and 5. If only number 2 had stopped by I would have been greeted by a Fibonacci Series!

:P #2 is Isaac. He's very busy (3 kids and more jobs than the rest of us—except maybe Steve, Storyist's developer, who never seems to sleep—like to think about. I'm sure Isaac will stop by eventually, although too late for your Fibonacci series.

On to your questions...

My interest is screenplays, and I found out about Storyist via Stu Maschwitz's blog ProLost.

Happy screenwriting, then. Any topic in particular?

I, too, like your typewriter key.

Hope you enjoy Storyist!

Marguerite

True. :P But we alternate: odd members one week, even the next. And we are most certainly odd members. (Love a good math pun.)

So you'll be joining Script Frenzy next April?

It is indeed a typewriter key, similar to what one would find on a vintage Remington Noiseless Portable.

Thanks for the picture. Typewriters make me a touch nostalgic. (My Dad had seven. Don't ask.)

- Thoth

I'm going to jump in a mess up the whole number sequence! ;)

Wait. Wait.

{1, 3, 5, 53}

If you take the mean (15.5) and double it (31) and subtract the median (4) you get 27.

And it's Calli's 27th birthday today! Coincidence? I think not. (You planned this, didn't you, Callista!)

OCD anyone?

-Thoth.

Wait. Wait.

{1, 3, 5, 53}

If you take the mean (15.5) and double it (31) and subtract the median (4) you get 27.

And it's Calli's 27th birthday today! Coincidence? I think not. (You planned this, didn't you, Callista!)

OCD anyone?

-Thoth.

I am the Chaos Queen. I can do anything!

Archived