Storyist Forums

Change color cards on corkboard

salvazalvi

Hi,

I'm new to Storyist, still using the demo. I came to storyist after a post about scriptwriting softwares from Stu Maschwitz. He didn't knew Storyist and was using Scrivener, but some of the comments dragged his attention on Storyist.

After trying both softwares, Storyist seem to have functionalities that make it more interesting to me. One feature seems to miss that I find really useful, it's the ability to change card colors in the corkboard view, not just the lines on the board. I find it visually much more easy to distinguish.

Anyway, I'm still getting used to the software and am liking it.

Thanks,

Salvador

Hi,

I'm new to Storyist, still using the demo. I came to storyist after a post about scriptwriting softwares from Stu Maschwitz. He didn't knew Storyist and was using Scrivener, but some of the comments dragged his attention on Storyist.

After trying both softwares, Storyist seem to have functionalities that make it more interesting to me. One feature seems to miss that I find really useful, it's the ability to change card colors in the corkboard view, not just the lines on the board. I find it visually much more easy to distinguish.

Anyway, I'm still getting used to the software and am liking it.

Thanks,

Salvador

Hi, Salvador:

Welcome to the forums—and to Storyist!

You can change the colors of the cards. When you see them displayed on the corkboard, click on a card to select. Then:

1. Click on the gear menu at the bottom of the window (next to the plus sign and the two curves that link the window to the Project View), go to Color, and choose a color; OR

2. Right click or Control click the card and choose Color, then pick a card color from the contextual menu.

Best,

Marguerite

Hi, Salvador:

Welcome to the forums—and to Storyist!

You can change the colors of the cards. When you see them displayed on the corkboard, click on a card to select. Then:

1. Click on the gear menu at the bottom of the window (next to the plus sign and the two curves that link the window to the Project View), go to Color, and choose a color.

2. Right click or Control click the card and choose Color > Whatever color you like from the contextual menu.

Best,

Marguerite

Hello Salvador and welcome to the forums.

Of course, what M meant was that after you single-click to select a card (and get the orange outline around it) you can use either method 1 or method 2. But I'm sure you figured that out so this post was probably unnecessary.

BTW: For those unable to find Salvador's post on ProLost, it's currently on page #2. Steve has a post there too. It's a long page so you might want to use a page search (cmd-F in Safari) on the word Storyist.

Enjoy.

-Thoth

Of course, what M meant was that after you single-click to select a card (and get the orange outline around it) you can use either method 1 or method 2. But I'm sure you figured that out so this post was probably unnecessary.

Enjoy.

-Thoth

Oops. Could have sworn I put an "or" there. :P

I will edit the original post, for clarity. Thanks for clearing that up.

Best,

M

Hi,

Thanks for the answers. I thought I would be notified about the answers but it seems it's not automatic. This time it's checked ;)

When doing as you say, only the lines on the cards change color, not the card itself. I find it difficult to distinguish between different colors as these lines are 1 pixel wide.

But maybe am I doing some wrong because when I single click on a card I get a blue outline, and not orange as Marguerite says.

Thanks,

Salvador

Hi,

Thanks for the answers. I thought I would be notified about the answers but it seems it's not automatic. This time it's checked :D

When doing as you say, only the lines on the cards change color, not the card itself. I find it difficult to distinguish between different colors as these lines are 1 pixel wide.

But maybe am I doing some wrong because when I single click on a card I get a blue outline, and not orange as Marguerite says.

Thanks,

Salvador

Hi, Salvador:

There is a problem, for sure, but not necessarily one caused by you. A compatibility issue, maybe.

You should see something like the attached screen shot if you follow the instructions we gave (and yes, the line I see around the selected card is blue, too: not sure where Thoth got orange--is it orange in the Tiger version?).

Do you have the same problem with a blank file created from the Novel or Screenplay template? Are you running any other programs alongside Storyist? Which version of the operating system are you using? Do you have the latest version of Storyist?

Best,

M

Hi,

I've tried on two different macs, one with Snow Leopard (10.6.3), the other with Leopard (10.5.8), using Storyist 2.2.1. I managed to change color from cards when looking at he cards that represent sections of a chapter, but for any strange reason, when looking at my whole project on the corckboard, the cards appear as a stack of cards and when I change the color, only the lines change color, not the card itself. Tried with a blanck project and I was able to change the color of the cards even when viewing the whole project.

My project was made by importing some text I had written with Open Office.

Thanks,

Salvador

post-892-1282494581_thumb.jpg

Archived