Storyist Forums

Finding Double Words

Steve E

Hi all.

I occasionally, but briefly, slip into a fugue state while I'm writing. I hear that's common but it does lead to some interesting typing errors. The most common is the double word. (E.g., "Paris in the the spring.") There should be an easy way to catch a double word. The most common (in my case) is "the" so I can simply do a search on it since I know what it is. But what about the less common ones? (E.g., "nicely nicely". In Guys And Dolls it was intentional. With me it isn't.)

So I'm suggesting a Tool or Find option that could catch this. A pattern search option in Find would be ideal.

I'm not asking for the whole grammar package. Just a way to catch double words.

-Thoth Thoth

Hi all.

I occasionally, but briefly, slip into a fugue state while I'm writing. I hear that's common but it does lead to some interesting typing errors. The most common is the double word. (E.g., "Paris in the the spring.") There should be an easy way to catch a double word. The most common (in my case) is "the" so I can simply do a search on it since I know what it is. But what about the less common ones? (E.g., "nicely nicely". In Guys And Dolls it was intentional. With me it isn't.)

So I'm suggesting a Tool or Find option that could catch this. A pattern search option in Find would be ideal.

I'm not asking for the whole grammar package. Just a way to catch double words.

-Thoth Thoth

Hi Thoth,

Storyist already catches repeated words in Leopard and later if you have grammar checking turned on.

One more reason to upgrade your machine. :rolleyes:

-Steve

Storyist already catches repeated words this in Leopard and later if you have grammar checking turned on.

One more reason to upgrade your machine. :)

True. But then who will ride the Tiger for you?

M can't do everything. (Hmm, maybe she can. :rolleyes: )

-Thoth.

BTW: Any thoughts on today's other Feature Requests?

True. But then who will ride the Tiger for you?

M can't do everything. (Hmm, maybe she can. :rolleyes: )

-Thoth.

BTW: Any thoughts on today's other Feature Requests?

I can, of course, do almost everything, :) but even I cannot beta test an operating system that I haven't used for Storyist (except to back up my files) since January.

I think you may be riding that Tiger alone at this point, O Thoth—at least until the real tigers release Julia G. and she returns to the forums. Or has she abandoned you, too? :(

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,

M

I think you may be riding that Tiger alone at this point, O Thoth—at least until the real tigers release Julia G. and she returns to the forums. Or has she abandoned you, too? :rolleyes:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,

M

:)

Lonely. So lonely.

Playing the appropriate Blues song in my head.

- Thoth.

Archived