Storyist Forums

ePublishing Support

beyond

Hi, saw this mentioned in a list on another post, but just wanted to request support for epublishing directly from the iPad version, to get away from having to connect with another computer for this functionality. iPad owners are using iPads to get away from the desktop, so those features that enable that will be highly valued by your customers! :)

Thanks for a great app, keep up the great work! :)

Thanks beyond,

Hi, saw this mentioned in a list on another post, but just wanted to request support for epublishing directly from the iPad version, to get away from having to connect with another computer for this functionality. iPad owners are using iPads to get away from the desktop, so those features that enable that will be highly valued by your customers! :)

Thanks for a great app, keep up the great work! :)

Export ePub would be possible (add your +1 here if you'd like to see it).

Kindle export is a little more difficult. Storyist for Mac uses Amazon's kindlegen tool to package the eBook in the proprietary Kindle format. As far as I know, they haven't released the source code or a version that could be used on iPad.

-Steve

Not sure what you mean by +1, but I'd love to be able to submit something to iBooks from my iPad! I just used ePub as a general term, not sure if that's an official name for a specific publishing process for a specific platform. Thanks!

There are a bunch of ebook formats. iBooks accepts and sells ebooks in the ePub format. Amazon accepts and sells ebooks in the .azw format, which is derived from the MOBI format.

Storyist for Mac can export your manuscript in both these formats (see the videos on the home page).

-Steve

There are a bunch of ebook formats. iBooks accepts and sells ebooks in the ePub format. Amazon accepts and sells ebooks in the .azw format, which is derived from the MOBI format.

Storyist for Mac can export your manuscript in both these formats (see the videos on the home page).

-Steve

Thanks for the reply, Steve. Yes, I get that Storyist for mac can do that -- however, my interest is in being able to do that from the iPad version. Is it not possible programatically via objective c?

I have two reasons for wanting this for the iPad:

1. I'd rather not pay $60 or more for another app on another computer for this function; and

2. I'd like to be able to go from start to finish on an ebook on the iPad.

If you were to add this as an add-on purchase functionality to the iPad of Storyist, I'd definitely be willing to pay a few dollars for that ability. Thanks again for the reply!

• 9 months later...

Bumping an old topic (I just got an iPad :D )

I was wondering if it would be possible to do this with the option of "Open in iBooks".

I think this would be cool because it would be a lot faster to preview your book in iBooks without having to do the desktop steps of exporting, then importing to iTunes then syncing with the iPad. Then you can read your book in the iBooks goodness and then if needed quickly switch to Storyist and fix anything. It would provide the ease and experience only available on an iPad.

Also, Storyist looks pretty awesome on the new iPad.

Hi emoKid,

I was wondering if it would be possible to do this with the option of "Open in iBooks".

Once the file is created in ePub format, it would be possible to use the "Open In" command to view it in iBooks.

Also, Storyist looks pretty awesome on the new iPad.

Thanks! Welcome back.

-Steve

Archived