Storyist Forums

Graphic Novel Format?

astillac

So here's an interesting request - I've been toying with the idea for days and I'm still not sure how it would be implemented. My friend has suggested I start making comic books again, and I'm inclined to go along with her - it's wicked fun! However, this wouldn't be a little one week job, I want a graphic novel. Because I love Storyist, I want to use it for this project, but as it stands now, I'd be better off using a word processor that allows for images to be added directly in with the text.

I'm envisioning something like this:

CHAPTER

SCENE

[storyboard image]

Panel description

[storyboard image]

Panel description

SCENE

etc, etc.

Is that possible?

- Calli

Hi Callista.

Just for fun*, I tried doing a cut and paste from a JPG to a random area in the manuscript. No joy there. But Steve had set up a graphic area for each Sheet so I suppose it's possible to do the same for the manuscript area as well. (Maybe?) Perhaps it could be a new element type the hierarchy at the level as Sections.

Apparently some of us are working on video games in Storyist (see Andrea B's "Mine Request" thread) so a graphic novel certainly isn't that farfetched.

Hey, we have to give Steve something to work on over New Years.

Just a thought.

-Thoth.

The uses for Storyist are many, indeed.

- Callista

Hi Callista,

The layout you described would be possible if the manuscript view supported images. I've already got this on this list, but no promises as to when. Sorry :(

For layout, you might take a look at Comic Life. A lot of people seem to like it.

-Steve

Archived