Storyist Forums

Scene Heading

dennis7490

Perhaps an enabled feature that is pre-enabled on the Screenplay/Stageplay templates.

In the mean time, there are shortcuts to switch to scene heading/character/etc. formats. You can view the hotkeys (or activate them) by clicking the button next to the page count that displays the current text style. You can also click enter on a blank line and click or tab to the desired style. Not sure if there are any other ways of doing it, still rediscovering storyist myself.

Steakpirate

Thanks. I was already aware of those two approaches. What I'm doing is using Storyist as a "notebook" and writing in Final Draft 8. And of course that has a glitch with my particular printer. It's always something.

I write in FD and keep Storyist open, because it's easier to go from FD to Storyist than from my test in Storyist to the notes and back to my exact spot in text. Works well, as Storyist imports just about perfectly from FD, whereas Scrivenor does not, at all.

We're very spoiled, though. When I started writing we used two big floppies and an add-on with Word Perfect and thought it was nirvana.

Archived