Storyist Forums

Stability issue

nadinbrzezinski

When working on character or plot cards, if by mistake I highlight the field and try to do a thing, it will crash.

This is an interesting behavior, that does not occur in any other way. That said, I am fairly impressed with the program so far.

Oh and the wiki is brilliant, but is there a way to annotate a piece of text? I sweat I saw it and then poof. For the moment using the wiki feature to to annotate the short story, and other features.

By the way, made my own short story template, which seems to work fine.

And I do love the fact that we have a way to add fields to cards. There are things I'd like to see implemented, such as tracking changes, but that is my eternal requiest

That world processor that shall not be named has it and coming from the WIN platform... though the other WP that shall not be named and is free does it.

:-)

Oh and it does work in Spanish swimmingly as well, In fact, got it since scriv was very difficult for me to do my character notes, and since I have not written in spanish in decades... I needed that.

Hi Nadin,

When working on character or plot cards, if by mistake I highlight the field and try to do a thing, it will crash.

This is an interesting behavior, that does not occur in any other way. That said, I am fairly impressed with the program so far.

You're very kind to call a crashing bug "interesting".

I am trying to reproduce your results here, so far without success. If you could let me know what versions of Storyist and OS X you are using and provide some more information on how to reproduce the problem, I'll fix it for you right away.

Also, it would help to see the crash report that OS X produces. If you are running on Tiger, a dialog should appear offering to send the report. Just click OK. If you are running on Leopard, you'll find the file in "~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter" in a file that starts with "Storyist" and has the extension "crash". You can email that to me or to the support email address on the website.

BTW, if you aren't running the current version of Storyist (1.3.6), try upgrading. I did fix a bug having to do with fields recently, so it may already be fixed.

Oh and the wiki is brilliant, but is there a way to annotate a piece of text? I sweat I saw it and then poof. For the moment using the wiki feature to to annotate the short story, and other features.

Not in the current version. I've had several requests for this feature, though, and I'll likely add it.

By the way, made my own short story template, which seems to work fine.

And I do love the fact that we have a way to add fields to cards. There are things I'd like to see implemented, such as tracking changes, but that is my eternal requiest

That world processor that shall not be named has it and coming from the WIN platform... though the other WP that shall not be named and is free does it.

:-)

Oh and it does work in Spanish swimmingly as well, In fact, got it since scriv was very difficult for me to do my character notes, and since I have not written in spanish in decades... I needed that.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Steve

I am using version 1.3.6 latest version and Leopard.

It is a macbook, and here is what I did...

I highlighted the field, not the area you write on, but the field and pressed enter. It went into not responding and had to force quit the program. Let me save, will do it again, and get you the message.

And what do you know, it will not crash on command

Like taking the car to the mechanic....

:lol:

I am using version 1.3.6 latest version and Leopard.

It is a macbook, and here is what I did...

I highlighted the field, not the area you write on, but the field and pressed enter. It went into not responding and had to force quit the program. Let me save, will do it again, and get you the message.

And what do you know, it will not crash on command

Like taking the car to the mechanic....

:lol:

OK. If there is a crash report, send it along. There might be some useful information there.

-Steve

OK. If there is a crash report, send it along. There might be some useful information there.

-Steve

Will do and will note silly things like how many apps are open et al

Will even try to find how much RAM is under use... easy to find in a WIN machine but I have yet to figure this out in the MAC.

(I note this since I do have a couple apps on the other OS that are memory hogs, and I am wondering if I have that problem round these parts with things like oh Grammarian)

Wait long enough, here you go

Date/Time: 2008-03-13 18:42:08 -0700

OS Version: 10.5.2 (Build 9C31)

Architecture: i386

Report Version: 4

Command: Storyist

Path: /Applications/Storyist.app/Contents/MacOS/Storyist

Version: 1.3.6 (397)

Parent: launchd [64]

PID: 317

Event: hang

Time: 7.42s