Storyist Forums

Another confused Newbie

melfra

Hello,

I've spent an hour now trying to get my iPad to recreate the view I see at the top of the iOS instructions I've pasted in below. What I want to achieve is to have the view whereby my cards are running down the side of the 'Project' view, and my manuscript is showing in the pane on the right. I cannot for the life of me work out why I can't get it to change from 'Project' view to anything else. I have tried it with files I 'synched' via Dropbox from my Mac version, and I've tried it with the 'Novel Template', and still no joy.

I appreciate this is probably the dumbest question ever asked in the history of help forums, but any advice will be gratefully received!

http://update.storyist.com/downloads/Storyist-for-iOS.pdf

Did you tap on the circled i next to the name of your manuscript? That gives you the window where you have a choice of a list or index cards or comments.

Full sequence, once you have tapped on the Manuscripts folder to open it:

1. Tap the set of three lines to open the Project View. You get the window with a house, the word Project, and the word Edit at the top.

2. Tap on the pushpin at the bottom right of that window to "pin" the Project view in place.

3. Find your manuscript in the list. It will be near the top. Tap on the circled i or the right-pointing arrow. That changes the Project window to a new one that says Project, Outline, Edit.

4. At the bottom of that window, you see icons that look like a bulleted list, a set of four rectangles, and a square with a turned back corner. Tap the four rectangles, and you will see the index cards on the left and (assuming you have the manuscript displayed as text) the text of the manuscript on the right.

Best,

Marguerite

You star! I doubt I would ever have figured it out...

I am off now to explore the possibilities of the 'Notebook'. I'm hoping to figure out ways of integrating 'Evernote, Day One, Dolphin and iThoughts' with Storyist. I seem to end up with notes and bits of novel all over the place, and I dream of an integrated solution.

Many thanks again!

I am off now to explore the possibilities of the 'Notebook'. I'm hoping to figure out ways of integrating 'Evernote, Day One, Dolphin and iThoughts' with Storyist. I seem to end up with notes and bits of novel all over the place, and I dream of an integrated solution.

Unfortunately, there isn't really one as of yet. I would love one too (I'd add Microsoft OneNote to your list). I think with each app having its own APIs (requiring their own coding) I think that it's a tall order, but hope springs eternal.

Orren

The only work around I've managed so far is to save iThoughts files as webpages to Dropbox, and then put them in my public folder, and then use weblink that Dropbox provides as a weblink in Storyist. Pretty clunky...and it leaves my maps sitting online in my public folder, But then I can't imagine anyone will ever be interested in them but me anyway.

Archived