Storyist Forums

Dropbox sync no longer works

Anysia

I have changes on my ios file that I can't sync to Dropbox. It was working but has failed to sync for over a week now. It says it is uploading the file but then nothing happens.

1) How can I get it working again?

2) How can I get my current file off the iPad so I can work on my desktop?

Try signing out of Dropbox in the Dropbox app on your iPad, then signing back in. I've had this issue in the past where Dropbox seems to forget how to connect.

You should be able to pull the files off your iPad with iTunes file sharing.

ITunes file sharing is on your computer. Connect your iPad and go into iTunes. Under the applications installed on your iPad you will see sharing or file sharing. I'm not near a computer so I cannot tell exactly what. Select Storyist and you should see your project files.

Okay, found it. Unfortunately, Storyist lists no files despite the fact that I have about 8 files on my iPad (this is after doing a full sync). Any other workarounds? :(

Edit: One of my files now syncs, one doesn't. The one that syncs is 7.5 MB, the one that doesn't is 54 MB (which seems disproportionately large for the amount of work I've done on that file, given that the one that syncs is >130 000 words of work and the one that doesn't is <10 000). The file size alone may be why it won't sync and is something I'm going to look into.

Hmm. The only option I get there is to copy FROM iTunes or Dropbox, not copy TO. Reluctant to click on that in case it replaces the file on my iPad instead of vice versa.

As I said in my edit above, my files are now syncing (the 54 MB one finally synced) so I don't know what fixed it but it seems to be working for now. If I figure out the culprit I'll post it for the next person who has this problem.

Thanks for taking the time to help me thewitt.

Archived