Storyist Forums

Group Comments

Steve E

Recently, while adding a character to a Character Group, I noticed that I was making the same comment in the Character Notes for each character. This was because the notes related to the character group.

What I do now is place the comment in the note section of only one character in the group and add a "See Bob (or some such)" to the other notes.

As a matter of consistent form, it would be better to be able to add a note to a (Character) Group Sheet.

What do you think?

• 3 months later...
Recently, while adding a character to a Character Group, I noticed that I was making the same comment in the Character Notes for each character. This was because the notes related to the character group.

What I do now is place the comment in the note section of only one character in the group and add a "See Bob (or some such)" to the other notes.

As a matter of consistent form, it would be better to be able to add a note to a (Character) Group Sheet.

What do you think?

Well, three months have passed and no one has commented on the notion of a Group/Folder Sheet. Am I the only one who sees any value in this?

Rather than dropping this I'd like to expand on it. All types of folders (folder groupings on Sections, Plots, Characters and Settings) should bring up sheets for notes when you click on them in the Project Pane. In particular, it makes outlining in Plot or even Section, much easier and more flexible,

Okay, okay. It's just my opinion. Am I alone there?

-Thoth (all alone, crying in the wilderness).

Well, three months have passed and no one has commented on the notion of a Group/Folder Sheet. Am I the only one who sees any value in this?

Rather than dropping this I'd like to expand on it. All types of folders (folder groupings on Sections, Plots, Characters and Settings) should bring up sheets for notes when you click on them in the Project Pane. In particular, it makes outlining in Plot or even Section, much easier and more flexible,

Okay, okay. It's just my opinion. Am I alone there?

-Thoth (all alone, crying in the wilderness).

You're not alone. I think this is a great feature. You'll see some support in 1.3 (out shortly--watch this space) and I plan to expand on this in 1.4 when the NaNoWriMo dust settles.

-Steve

You're not alone. I think this is a great feature. You'll see some support in 1.3 (out shortly--watch this space) and I plan to expand on this in 1.4 when the NaNoWriMo dust settles.

-Steve

Very glad to hear it. Thanks Steve.

(BTW - And it's nice to see that the NaNoWriMo site is reopening.)

-Thoth.

Archived